Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 02-11-2012, 03:42 PM   #286
ntome
ntome began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
@ntome - I haven't seen anyone post on these forums about progressing that idea so if you feel motivated to develop it yourself, go for it.
I'd love to do it but as much as I now calibre works in Pyton and I've never programmed in that lang.
ntome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 04:00 PM   #287
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
@ntome - neither had I before I wrote my first calibre plugin just over a year ago
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 04:01 PM   #288
DrDln
Banned
DrDln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrDln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrDln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrDln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrDln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrDln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrDln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrDln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrDln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrDln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrDln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
I like to see the reason if your file format is not workable. Smashwords grinder give tons of formats but sometimes can reject for a small reason. It takes more time to find it then to fix it...lol
DrDln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 02:37 PM   #289
chrisakavern
Keep on Nook'in
chrisakavern doesn't litterchrisakavern doesn't litter

Device: NOOK (Original) & NOOK Color (N2A)
I would like a plug-in that deletes the source file from your calibre library after a conversion. I only use one format and have no need for the other formats to remain included in my Calibre library.

I have asked for this to be added to the program with many negative responses, "people will flame spray the developers if they lose their originals" so if it can be added as a plug-in then people would have to go out of their way to add this option and if they lose originals this way it's their fault.

One person even suggested that I write the plug-in on my own but unfortunately I am clueless when it comes to that, but I did make this nice picture of how I would like to see the option added.

If someone could write this plug-in I would gladly contribute to their paypal account.

Thanks.
chrisakavern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 04:54 PM   #290
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
It's on my 'wishlist' of things to do.
New plugin EpubMerge is now online. Further discussion in it's own thread.

Last edited by JimmXinu; 02-20-2012 at 06:47 PM.
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 12:52 AM   #291
chrisakavern
Keep on Nook'in
chrisakavern doesn't litterchrisakavern doesn't litter

Device: NOOK (Original) & NOOK Color (N2A)
Thanks Jimm
chrisakavern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 04:53 PM   #292
bauerhjb
Connoisseur
bauerhjb began at the beginning.

Device: laptop, netbook, LG & Nextus tablets - Window 10, 8.1, 7,
This one is my number one wish: In "Quality Check" I can find out which of the epubs have drm. I would really appreciate a similiar plug-in that can tell me which pdfs have drm. I purposely avoid drm-ed books on principle but sometimes there is no alternative and I get stuck with some. Thanks for considering this.
bauerhjb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 11:43 PM   #293
Lizzie11
Lizzie11 began at the beginning.

Device: pc
Hi,

I've noticed many Plug-ins to get metadata from other sources like Goodreads, Fantastic Fiction, etc. but the one source I keep going back to and would like a plug-in for is FictionBD

The consistent descriptions is the main reason I like it so much, but if the plug-in could also catch the "author series" field (for Calibre series field), that would be so great...

I wish I could do it myself but I do not have the knowledge and talent necessary, so I'm putting the idea here if anyone is interested in taking it on...

Thanks
Lizzie11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 02:41 AM   #294
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
@Lizzie11 - welcome to MobileRead.

I will take a look at this suggestion (I assume you meant www.fictiondb.com). They aren't a great source for covers since they are so small, but if they do have some different books to Goodreads or superior descriptions then it is worth a try. One complication I do know for this website from my search the internet plugin is that they don't support HTTP GET search requests, only HTTP POST (or at least they never used to) but that can be worked around with a little effort. They do seem to have some excellent tag/genre information which opens up some permutations on that.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 12:43 PM   #295
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Deleted/Dup Check on Eject?

I'm toying with an idea for a new plugin and could use some advice.

When I decide I don't want to read a particular ebook after all, I delete it from the calibre library. So I end up with books on my devices that I don't want anymore. Less frequently, the same book on a device will end up on the device more than once.

While it's easy enough to find dups and deleted books manually, I frequently forget to check before I eject the device.

So I was thinking of a plugin that when invoked would check for deleted books on device (search inlibrary:False) and duplicates (search ondevice:"(") and then alert me. Or eject the device if none are found.

Is there already a way to do this? I don't want to duplicate effort.

Also, I haven't figured out a way to do the "inlibrary:False" on search from code. Any advice? I expect I'll have to do it separately for memory_view, card_a_view and card_b_view.

Here's what I've found for the dup search:
Spoiler:
Code:
print("library Dups:%s"% self.gui.library_view.model().db.search_getting_ids('ondevice:"("', None))

And the eject:
Spoiler:
Code:
self.gui.location_manager._eject_requested()

Any better suggestions for those?

Thanks,
Jim
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 01:29 PM   #296
kirkle
kirkle began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Is there any way to make a custom button for "Remove matching books from device"? Thanks!
kirkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 01:48 PM   #297
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkle View Post
Is there any way to make a custom button for "Remove matching books from device"? Thanks!
Already there.
Select a Book: Right click: Delete.. Matching book is one of the options (Device must be attached )
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 11:11 PM   #298
ruddell
Enthusiast
ruddell began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb666 View Post
I had an idea for a plugin that facilitates tagging your books with BISAC codes .

Basically, it would create a custom column called "BISAC" and will allow you with an easy to use GUI (I wonder if one can programmatically add another tab to the Edit Metadata dialog?) to add BISAC codes, separated by commas.
Then, you can use the plugin to populate another column using the BISAC hierarchy. For example, if you have a custom Genre(s) column, then for every book, the plugin would translate the BISAC codes into hierarchical strings (e.g. History.General, Fiction.Myster.etc...).

Using these standardized genres will make it easy for people like me who aren't aware of good category names and want a standardized way of cataloguing their books.

Is there anyone that might be interested in something like this?
I would love a plugin like this. I was going to suggest a plugin that somehow scrapes Amazon.com to get their category data on a book and then inserts that into either the "tag" field or a custom column. But BISAC may be better than Amazon at categorization of books.
ruddell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 11:27 PM   #299
ruddell
Enthusiast
ruddell began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruddell View Post
I would love a plugin like this. I was going to suggest a plugin that somehow scrapes Amazon.com to get their category data on a book and then inserts that into either the "tag" field or a custom column. But BISAC may be better than Amazon at categorization of books.
Alternatively, I'm sure it would be fairly easy to write a plugin that pulls classification information from the Library of Congress and converts the "LC Classification" and "Dewey class no." to the classification names.
ruddell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 01:03 PM   #300
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Find duplicate series Names

I am not sure if this would be part of find duplicates or Not

Find (duplicate) series names, where some entries are simply missing 'articles':
Age of Exploration vs The Age of Exploration
Game of Thrones vs A Game of Thrones

and the old standard gotcha: just a simple case difference
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chatbot, epub fix, epub-fix, google books, metadata calibre title, pdf, pdf and calibre, plugin development