Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 09-19-2011, 08:02 AM   #1
KeenGrip25
KeenGrip25 can teach chickens to fly.KeenGrip25 can teach chickens to fly.KeenGrip25 can teach chickens to fly.KeenGrip25 can teach chickens to fly.KeenGrip25 can teach chickens to fly.KeenGrip25 can teach chickens to fly.KeenGrip25 can teach chickens to fly.KeenGrip25 can teach chickens to fly.KeenGrip25 can teach chickens to fly.KeenGrip25 can teach chickens to fly.KeenGrip25 can teach chickens to fly.

Device: kindle paperwhite
Add Kindle for pc books to Calibre.. HOW?

Quick question...

I have just downloaded Kindle for PC and added a free book from Kindle. I have calibre (with plugins) and wanted to add the kindle book I just downloaded onto it (to view it on calibre). But when I hit 'add books' the ones saved in 'kindle for PC' dont appear as an option to add.

Any ideas?

Thanks in anticipation.
KeenGrip25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 11:06 AM   #2
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool navigate

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeenGrip25 View Post
Quick question...

I have just downloaded Kindle for PC and added a free book from Kindle. I have calibre (with plugins) and wanted to add the kindle book I just downloaded onto it (to view it on calibre). But when I hit 'add books' the ones saved in 'kindle for PC' dont appear as an option to add.

Any ideas?

Thanks in anticipation.
after you press add books you need to navigate that window to the 'my kindle content' folder in 'my documents'.
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 06:42 PM   #3
KeenGrip25
KeenGrip25 can teach chickens to fly.KeenGrip25 can teach chickens to fly.KeenGrip25 can teach chickens to fly.KeenGrip25 can teach chickens to fly.KeenGrip25 can teach chickens to fly.KeenGrip25 can teach chickens to fly.KeenGrip25 can teach chickens to fly.KeenGrip25 can teach chickens to fly.KeenGrip25 can teach chickens to fly.KeenGrip25 can teach chickens to fly.KeenGrip25 can teach chickens to fly.

Device: kindle paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
after you press add books you need to navigate that window to the 'my kindle content' folder in 'my documents'.

Thanks for that.. I was lying in bed last night thinking... it must be somewhere in another folder, not just the 'kindle' on my desktop.

All sort.. cheers!!
KeenGrip25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 06:55 PM   #4
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
you're welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeenGrip25 View Post
Thanks for that.. I was lying in bed last night thinking... it must be somewhere in another folder, not just the 'kindle' on my desktop.

All sort.. cheers!!
you're welcome
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 09:13 AM   #5
Echolaughter
Echolaughter began at the beginning.

Device: kindle for pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
I know this is an old thread - but what happens if the book you've purchased doesn't show up in the "my Kindle Content" folder?

I recently purchased a management kindle book from Amazon - and it shows up in my Kindle for PC app. Lets me view the book like normal etc, however there is no physical copy of the book on my computer (I've run searches for it).
The other 3 books that come standard with Kindle for PC have physical versions in the "my Kindle Content" folder... just not the new management book I downloaded.

Am at my whits end trying to figure out how I should go about this.
Echolaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:07 AM   #6
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Then your content is being stored in a different folder. The options from within the Kindle app will show you where your content is being stored (and allow you to change it). Keep in mind that the file names for Kindle for PC books don't usually have the title of the book in them. They're usually the asin number with "_EBOK.azw". It's just not possible that a book you're able to read with the Kindle app doesn't physically reside on your computer.

Are you sure you haven't confused the Kindle app for the Kindle Cloud Reader (browser-based)? You won't be able to add a Cloud Reader book to calibre... even if you "download" it for offline reading. It's not a normal ebook file you can access.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 10:29 PM   #7
radreamfarm
radreamfarm began at the beginning.

Device: android
I have downloaded books from my Kindle for PC onto my computer. I now have a My Kindle Content folder in my Documents. When I open that there is a bunch of funny named folders that end in _EBOK. When I click on those to open them, there are 7 (i don't know what to call them? Sub-folders?) that say they are File Folders, Kindle Content, PHL File, and RES File.
I have tried to Add Books to my Calibre library, and choose the _EBOK files...but when I open them farther, none of the sub-folders are there. When I go to Calibre and open them I just get a message saying it can't be opened.

Is there a step I have missed? Or a way to put them right from Kindle to Calibre without going through my computer?
radreamfarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 11:22 PM   #8
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by radreamfarm View Post
I have downloaded books from my Kindle for PC onto my computer. I now have a My Kindle Content folder in my Documents. When I open that there is a bunch of funny named folders that end in _EBOK. When I click on those to open them, there are 7 (i don't know what to call them? Sub-folders?) that say they are File Folders, Kindle Content, PHL File, and RES File.
I have tried to Add Books to my Calibre library, and choose the _EBOK files...but when I open them farther, none of the sub-folders are there. When I go to Calibre and open them I just get a message saying it can't be opened.

Is there a step I have missed? Or a way to put them right from Kindle to Calibre without going through my computer?
Here is what I do ti identify a specific book:
1) Open the book in KFPC, move a page fwd or back, then view (go back) the Library again. This sets the date Modified in explorer.
2)View (explorer), My Kindle content. Sort by date modified (latest on top), note the funny name. Now finf a 'kindle content' with the same name.
Drag and drop that into Calibre

If you see a folder with that name , calibre can't handle that. See forum threads on how to restrict that format
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 12:11 AM   #9
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
Quote:

You missed the threads that say you need to install an older version of k for pc and block auto updates. Search board for kfx.
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 12:56 AM   #10
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:

You've probably run into this snag - Dealing with Kindle for PC/Mac 1.19 and KFX in calibre

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote