Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 09-20-2009, 02:29 PM   #1
tselling
Addict
tselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enough

Device: NookColor (MiRage/CM7.2 & Moon+ Reader Pro)
Any hint on when new firmware (Possibly with DRM support)?

I saw this response to someone have trouble with a DRM'd PDF file on the Ectaco forum:

“Apologize for the inconvenience, but ECTACO Jetbook doesn’t recognize DRM. We are working on updates to get DRM available for Jetbook and those updates will be available shortly. For now, we recommend to search files available in HTMP, ePub and TXT formats. Those are the most popular on the Internet and I am confident You will be able to find any book in one of those formats."

So has anyone heard any hints or rumors when we might see this?
tselling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 01:16 AM   #2
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
I don't personally have a problem with DRM, as a matter of course I normally strip it from any book I buy so I can read it on all of my readers.

That being said, in the interest of Ectacto's future survival thus future support of my jetBook, it can't happen soon enough!
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-21-2009, 01:08 PM   #3
LuBiB
Banned
LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: jetBook, iPhone, JETBOOK COLOR!!
with a reply like that, they sure are hinting at something...
LuBiB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 03:40 AM   #4
jgray
Fanatic
jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara 2E & Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuBiB View Post
with a reply like that, they sure are hinting at something...
Hint, hint -- see this: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57198
jgray is offline   Reply With Quote