Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 11-27-2008, 10:46 AM   #1
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Happy Thanksgiving

For all of us in the USA, today is our annual day of giving Thanks. It's also the day for the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, a Dallas Cowboys football game, and more food than you can imagine.

At my sister's house -- where hubby, youngest daughter, and I are celebrating -- the plan has been made, the turkey is in the oven, and everyone has been filled up with a large breakfast. We'll take a short break and then start preparing all the additional dishes destined for the Thanksgiving banquet table: mashed potatoes, giblet gravy, green bean casserole, broccoli, homemade rolls, and many pies.

I hope those celebrating today have plans to be with those they love.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 11:07 AM   #2
mjh215
Guru
mjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: None of your business
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsi View Post
I hope those celebrating today have plans to be with those they love.
I'm leaving for my sister's house here in a few, so that is debatable... But thank you for the wishes. And Happy Thanksgiving to everyone else, if you are not in the US then at least I wish for you to have a good day.

-MJ
mjh215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-27-2008, 11:59 AM   #3
Barcey
Wizard
Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O / Aura HD / Glo / iPad3
We've already had our Thanksgiving in Canada (early screening) but in my youth my parents used to have us go around the table and say one thing that we're thankful for?

So what are you thankful for?

I'm thankful for all the work people done making the lovely formatted e-books in the Mobileread library.
Barcey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 12:54 PM   #4
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barcey View Post
Loads of stuff; but clouds are near the top of my list.
I love living on a planet with an ever changing cloudscape - they never cease to amaze me, and I can't imagine ever tiring of them.
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 01:09 PM   #5
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
And now is the time to practice my turkey linguistics - gobble, gobble, gobble ...
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-27-2008, 01:23 PM   #6
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barcey View Post
We've already had our Thanksgiving in Canada (early screening) but in my youth my parents used to have us go around the table and say one thing that we're thankful for?

I'm thankful for all the work people done making the lovely formatted e-books in the Mobileread library.
Well, thats a biggie.

I'm thankful for a granddaughter who has, or had, health problems that can/could be fixed.

I'm thankful that for the first October in three years, my husband wasn't in the hospital recovering from cancer surgery.

I"m thankful for the people on this forum I've gotten to know from all over the world.

And I"m thankful for the steak and southern fried potatoes my daughter is cooking today for dinner.....altho I still have a ham in in oven.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 03:07 PM   #7
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Happy Thanksgiving to all. I hope you all are able to share it with family, friends, good food - with "portion control" (for all of those)!
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 06:22 PM   #8
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
I'm at home wathcing some football. Really bad football, actually. And a Bond marathon, now. Oh, and finished the Vera and Harv's Panama Vacation editing.

I'm truly thankful for all of my new friends here on MobileRead and all the enjoyment you bring me in a daily basis.

Last edited by pshrynk; 11-28-2008 at 09:29 AM.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 06:55 PM   #9
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
So, what is everyone having?

I'm in training this year. I'm planning to cook next Thanksgiving for the extended family. It's a tradition that died out in the last few years becuase no one in my parents generation wanted to do it, and sadly no one in my grandparents generation is well enough to do it.

So this year I made one turkey, 2 kinds of stuffing, 3 kinds of mashed potatoes, 2 kinds of rolls, and 6 different pies. (Since I'm only cooking for 3 this year, this may not have been a good idea.) I've learned that I need to work on my pies, but everything else is good.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 06:57 PM   #10
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
So, what is everyone having?

I'm in training this year. I'm planning to cook next Thanksgiving for the extended family. It's a tradition that died out in the last few years becuase no one in my parents generation wanted to do it, and sadly no one in my grandparents generation is well enough to do it.

So this year I made one turkey, 2 kinds of stuffing, 3 kinds of mashed potatoes, 2 kinds of rolls, and 6 different pies. (Since I'm only cooking for 3 this year, this may not have been a good idea.) I've learned that I need to work on my pies, but everything else is good.
heeheehee !! i was going to say "you can never have too much pie" but i suppose it depends on how much work they need. have an extra piece for me, i love pie. what kind did you make ? i have to say i'm impressed by your culinary ambition, i wouldn't take on anything that complex !! (my favorite dishes are the ones that can be made in one pot. or less.)
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 07:04 PM   #11
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Wishing all our American friends a Happy Thanksgiving. I hope that you all have a wonderful time.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 07:30 PM   #12
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
heeheehee !! i was going to say "you can never have too much pie" but i suppose it depends on how much work they need. have an extra piece for me, i love pie. what kind did you make ? i have to say i'm impressed by your culinary ambition, i wouldn't take on anything that complex !! (my favorite dishes are the ones that can be made in one pot. or less.)
I made apple, cherry, sweet potato (yam), 2 different pumpkin recipes, and pecan. One of the pumpkin pies and the sweet potato pie were made from scratch (which means I started out with a whole pumpkin, yams).
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 07:36 PM   #13
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
mmmm pumpkin !!!!! have an extra piece of *that* one for me.

sheesh, now i'm getting hungry.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 07:53 PM   #14
mjh215
Guru
mjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: None of your business
I just had a piece of pumpkin pie and a glass of milk... I've been munching on a korean pumpkin candy all month as well... Yum yum...

-MJ
mjh215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 10:01 PM   #15
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
I make fruit pies using frozen fruit. That way I can use out-of-season fruit.

However I made my throw-together fruit salad instead today. (Pineapple, blueberries, raspberries, sweet cherries, dessert bananas, apples and red pears. Suitable for any eater, canivore or vegtarian.)
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote