Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-07-2014, 10:16 PM   #24121
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by meeera View Post
...please don't take medical advice from here. Especially when you have swollen feet after being on the road a lot, because it's very important that thrombosis etc be ruled out. (and diuretics won't do a damn thing for that, except possibly make it worse.)
I haven't been on the road recently, I was just saying that's been a trigger in the past. I was trying toremember what I had taken before. I'll be in the hospital at the end of the month anyway

Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
Quick—give your wife a call, and sometime during the conversation, tell her, "You haven't said how you liked the flowers I sent." When they do arrive, she'll assume there was a delay in shipping.
Sneaky bastardlove it
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 10:25 PM   #24122
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
...Sneaky bastardlove it
Just doing what I can to help domestic bliss flourish!
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-07-2014, 10:54 PM   #24123
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Quick—give your wife a call, and sometime during the conversation, tell her, "You haven't said how you liked the flowers I sent." When they do arrive, she'll assume there was a delay in shipping.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
Sneaky bastardlove it
Quote:
Just doing what I can to help domestic bliss flourish!

Now... you don't really think that I could lie to my wife...
Spoiler:
and get away with it?!? She's too smart for that! that's why I married her in the first place!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 12:28 AM   #24124
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
Now... you don't really think that I could lie to my wife...
Spoiler:
and get away with it?!? She's too smart for that! that's why I married her in the first place!

Stitchawl
Can't you chalk it up to time zone differences?
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 01:02 AM   #24125
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
But ... but ... there's rebellion in Thailand! Disorder in the streets! It was worth your life just to get out and order the flowers from a war zone! (Come on! Work with me here!)
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-08-2014, 02:04 AM   #24126
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtohe View Post
While I agree I do not think this was medical advice, just the name of a product. Pretty sure kindlekitten would not just leap at it and start choking it down. She seems pretty well informed, by misfortune with her previous doctors if nothing else.

Helen
Wasn't medical advice, merely name of what she had already likely taken.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 02:45 AM   #24127
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
Wasn't medical advice, merely name of what she had already likely taken.
Thank you, and that's exactly what it was
Old 06-08-2014, 02:14 PM   #24128
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
When I order photos I use the software from a local department store. I hate that program! It keeps pushing itself to the foreground and often sticks there until it's done with updating or uploading the photos. When you upload a lot photos it refuses to let you do something else because the window stays on top of everything else. I could upload through the website, but that's very slow and has less options.

I might be getting that Selphy photo printer sooner rather than later!
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 02:22 PM   #24129
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
My back hurts. It's not disabling, just really, really sore and uncomfortable.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 05:32 PM   #24130
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelteazer View Post
I might be getting that Selphy photo printer sooner rather than later!
Use a professional service such as Profotonet.

https://www.profotonet.nl/

I have very good experiences with them when I was into semi-professional photography some years ago.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 10:12 AM   #24131
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
I'm in trouble... I missed my wife's birthday yesterday. She's been in Japan for the past couple of weeks, and although we talk once or twice a day on Skype, I simply forgot... As soon as I remembered I sent off a huge bouquet of flowers, but of course it will be two days late. Bummer.

Stitchawl
I think you need to man up and admit you forgot (and I guess that's what you did).

I recently ordered some flowers for Mother's Day (for my Mother) but accidentally got them sent to our home instead of my Mother's. I gave them to my wife instead, but admitted to the mistake instead of pretending they were for her all the time. She still gives me stick about it, but I'd rather that than pretending I'm a perfect Husband...(wouldn't get away with it with her anyway ).
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 11:24 AM   #24132
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
I think you need to man up and admit you forgot (and I guess that's what you did).

I recently ordered some flowers for Mother's Day (for my Mother) but accidentally got them sent to our home instead of my Mother's. I gave them to my wife instead, but admitted to the mistake instead of pretending they were for her all the time. She still gives me stick about it, but I'd rather that than pretending I'm a perfect Husband...(wouldn't get away with it with her anyway ).

You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but we can NEVER fool our spouses...

Stitchawl
Old 06-09-2014, 11:50 AM   #24133
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
As I've always wanted a Japanese girlfriend, and the choices are exceedingly non-existent over here, I offer to take care of your lonely, forgotten wife. All I need is an address to send the flowers and proposal to.

Hm. Maybe that was a bit dramatic, wasn't it
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 12:11 PM   #24134
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsunami View Post
As I've always wanted a Japanese girlfriend, and the choices are exceedingly non-existent over here, I offer to take care of your lonely, forgotten wife. All I need is an address to send the flowers and proposal to.
Hm. Maybe that was a bit dramatic, wasn't it
Thanks for the kind offer, but I think I'll just be a bit more diligent in the future. She's worth the extra effort. This is the first time I've forgotten her birthday or an anniversary. And you can be sure it will be the last!

I can, however, understand your desire for a Japanese girlfriend. My first two wives were American (well, actually my first wife was an Israeli but moved to the US very young,) and the difference is day and night. In fact, after my second divorce I was quite sure I'd never remarry. I stayed a very happy bachelor for the next 17 years, then met this woman. After the third date I knew I was going to marry her. A year later, I did!
That was 19 years ago.

Stitchawl
Old 06-09-2014, 02:01 PM   #24135
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress

phbbbbbbtttttt

Tags
creepy crawlers!, dell computers, monteverdi, thread that never ends, tubery, unutterable silliness