Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 11-22-2013, 01:05 PM   #61
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxaris View Post
New version is available. A various mix of fixes and new things. Main new things:
- completely new HTML conversion - up to 80% faster
- Option to edit Search and Replace commands and rulesets
- Tables with column- and rowspan are supported
Thanks, T!

I'll download and install that puppy later today/tomorrow. I'll let you know how it rolls. (Folks: I use this all the time. GREAT.)

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 04:50 AM   #62
jation
Enthusiast
jation began at the beginning.

Device: KPW2
Thanks for new version. It's really fast now.

Only, how to change numbers for footnotes/endnotes, now is:

I, II,I II, IV, V

I more like old:

1, 2, 3, 4, 5
jation is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-23-2013, 11:56 AM   #63
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
Not automatic, at least not in this version. I will see if I can change that for the next version. I don't expect a new version in 2013 anymore though.

Best way is to use regex in Sigil or another editor I guess.

*Update*
The change is made, in the next version (again, I don't expect to release it in 2013) you can choose between:
  • 1, 2, 3, ...
  • a, b, c, ...
  • A, B, C, ...
  • i, ii, iii, ...
  • I, II, III, ...
  • *, †, ‡, ...

It will be a setting.

Last edited by Toxaris; 11-23-2013 at 01:19 PM.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 07:02 AM   #64
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Well, it seems that there is a new version in 2013... I made a small mistake with adding new rules to the Search/Replace document, sigh. This is now fixed and the option requested by Jation is included.

So, version 1.4.1 can be downloaded.
Old 11-26-2013, 02:43 PM   #65
jation
Enthusiast

Thanks for new version and new option for endnotes.
Advert
Old 11-26-2013, 04:46 PM   #66
jation
Enthusiast

One thing I also notice in version 1.4 and also in 1.4.1. After converting word files in html or epub format footnotes workg properly if I open html in firefox or some other browser. But when I want to editing that html in Sigil endnotes not works (nothing happening on click). Also if i rename name of html in Sigil i got errors that html file not exist when try to click on notes/endnotes.

This work properly in 1.3.7 version, but something changed in new version.
Old 11-27-2013, 04:57 AM   #67
Toxaris
Wizard

Hmm, thanks for the report. I will check what goes wrong here. Should be obvious though... It seems that Sigil does not recognize them as correct links. That might be the reason that a rename is not taken into account. In my tests I did not have that issue yet.
Old 11-27-2013, 05:18 AM   #68
jation
Enthusiast

If I change (search and replace):

name=" with id="

and

title="" with (nothing)

everything works fine again in Sigil
Old 11-27-2013, 09:42 AM   #69
Toxaris
Wizard

There should not be a 'name=' in the anchors anymore but 'id='. I specifically replace them. I will check it out tonight and will have it solved tonight.

*Update*
I have checked and I cannot reproduce this. All my test documents with references work as intended in both an browser as in Sigil. There are no 'name=', but only 'id=' in the links. If your results are different, I would like to receive the word document so I can run it through the debugger.

Last edited by Toxaris; 11-27-2013 at 02:22 PM.
Old 11-27-2013, 04:49 PM   #70
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
There should not be a 'name=' in the anchors anymore but 'id='. I specifically replace them. I will check it out tonight and will have it solved tonight.

*Update*
I have checked and I cannot reproduce this. All my test documents with references work as intended in both an browser as in Sigil. There are no 'name=', but only 'id=' in the links. If your results are different, I would like to receive the word document so I can run it through the debugger.
Tox:

You believe that this is working, is that right? Before I install it?

Hitch
Old 11-28-2013, 03:56 AM   #71
Toxaris
Wizard

Hitch: Yup. I have tested it with old and new test documents. First I create a standard HTML and then I convert it to XHTML. One step is conversion of name to id. What I did to check is run all my test documents and opened the resulting ePUB into Sigil. No errors in Flightcrew and the links worked from an to the notes in Bookview as intended. There were also no name in the links.
Therefore, as far as I know it is working as intended untill I get a Word document in which it doesn't work.
Old 11-28-2013, 09:07 AM   #72
jation
Enthusiast

Quote:
First I create a standard HTML and then I convert it to XHTML.
That's work .

I always manually convert file to html through ebook-tools and then use Sigil to open that html.
With 1.3.7 version that works, but with 1.4 and 1.4.1 don't.

Thanks!
Old 11-28-2013, 02:28 PM   #73
Toxaris
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by jation View Post
That's work .

I always manually convert file to html through ebook-tools and then use Sigil to open that html.
With 1.3.7 version that works, but with 1.4 and 1.4.1 don't.

Thanks!
If that is your usecase, than it is correct and functioning as designed. In HTML it must be 'name=', not 'id=' and in XHTML it is vice versa. Since in ePUB XHTML must be used, I convert the HTML to XHTML when you create the ePUB via the add-in. The conversion is not as much work as you might think. The HTML is correct HTML.
In the older version the 'Convert to HTML' actually created a mix of HTML and XHTML. The current conversion is more according to the specifications.

You could use the add-in to create the ePUB, you could add your own stylesheet if you want.
Old 12-05-2013, 03:29 PM   #74
Toxaris
Wizard

A maintenance release, number 1.4.2. It will catch some issues with very bad formatted documents.
Old 12-05-2013, 04:57 PM   #75
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave

Quote:
A maintenance release, number 1.4.2. It will catch some issues with very bad formatted documents.
Thanks! Can you advise as to the updates/upgrades?

BTW, Tox, is that PDF updated? Should I grab that also?

Hitch

Last edited by Hitch; 12-05-2013 at 05:04 PM. Reason: Added the "BTW"