Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 12-31-2013, 04:54 PM   #1
BelleZora
Wizard
BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kobo Libra 2
Michael Connelly's Harry Bosch TV Series

Not sure what forum is most appropriate for this thread, so I'll start with recommending Michael Connolly's Harry Bosch mystery series. The first book in the series is The Black Echo. I've read every book in series order along with his other series in which Bosch makes appearances.

I just got an email from michaelconnelly.com with this announcement:

Quote:
Bosch, a TV pilot starring Titus Welliver as Harry Bosch will stream on Amazon.com (US) and LoveFilm.com (UK) in early February. If enough people watch and rate the pilot episode, Bosch could get picked up for a full series run in 2014. More exciting details to come in January, so stay tuned!
I am beyond delighted with this news.
BelleZora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 05:05 PM   #2
sarahjmack01
sarahjmack01 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Kobo Mini x 2, Kobo Touch, Nook ST Glowlight, Nook HD+
I can't wait to see it either - I have read all the Harry Bosch books several times.

At least the casting was better for Bosch's character, unlike another well-known and much-loved character .......
sarahjmack01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-31-2013, 05:08 PM   #3
BelleZora
Wizard
BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I think Titus Welliver looks just like Harry Bosch except he needs to be wearing really dark contacts.
Old 12-31-2013, 05:42 PM   #4
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
That is great news! I too have read every one of the Bosch books. Can't wait
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 07:07 PM   #5
bfisher
Wizard
bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Galaxy (Aldiko, Kobo app)
Thanks very much for the info. My wife is a big Michael Connolly fan (both Mickey Hally and Harry Bosch). She'll be sure to watch that if she can.
bfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-31-2013, 08:16 PM   #6
BelleZora
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahjmack01 View Post
I can't wait to see it either - I have read all the Harry Bosch books several times.

At least the casting was better for Bosch's character, unlike another well-known and much-loved character .......
Welcome to MobileRead, Sarah. It is a warm wonderful gathering place of book enthusiasts.

The casting wasn't right for either Mickey Haller or Terry McEvoy. But, to be honest, I am happy to watch Matthew McConaughey no matter how miscast he might be.
Old 12-31-2013, 11:59 PM   #7
Penforhire
Wizard
Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage & iPhone 7+
One of my favorite authors and series. His location work, mostly around LA, is great. I think, of the series, only Nine Dragons was disappointing.
Penforhire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 08:30 AM   #8
Mike L
Wizard
Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Samsung Galaxy
Thanks for the tip, BelleZora. I'll look out for it when it is available here in the UK. In general, I'm not a big fan of TV dramas, but I did enjoy the movie verion of The Lincoln Lawyer.

Mike
Mike L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 09:31 AM   #9
BelleZora
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike L View Post
In general, I'm not a big fan of TV dramas, but I did enjoy the movie verion of The Lincoln Lawyer.
Matthew McConaughey was actually wonderful as Mickey Haller in The Lincoln Lawyer. Sometimes prior knowledge of the writer's description of physical appearance gets in the way. Titus Welliver's beautiful blue eyes will be jarring to me, although he otherwise matches Bosch's description well.
Old 01-01-2014, 10:09 AM   #10
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
My dad is always telling me how good the Harry Bosch series is and lent me the first book when we saw him at Christmas. I guess I'll read it now!
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 10:49 AM   #11
BelleZora
Wizard

Here are detailed instructions for watching the pilot in the US and the UK.

http://www.michaelconnelly.com/bosch...-and-lovefilm/
Old 01-20-2014, 10:00 AM   #12
Mike L
Wizard
Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Samsung Galaxy
BelleZora,

Thanks for posting the link to the detailed instructions.

Under the heading "UK Viewers: How To Watch On LOVEFiLM", it says that "A membership to LOVEFiLM is not needed to watch the pilot episode." I wonder if that's true. Whenever I have tried to browse LoveFilm on my Internet-connected TV, it starts by prompting me to log into my LoveFilm account, which I haven't got. It then doesn't allow me to go any further.

It will be interesting to see if that's still in the case in February, when the pilot becomes available.

Mike
Mike L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 01:27 AM   #13
melmac
Wizard
melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS650, Sony T3
Quote:
Originally Posted by BelleZora View Post
Not sure what forum is most appropriate for this thread, so I'll start with recommending Michael Connolly's Harry Bosch mystery series. The first book in the series is The Black Echo. I've read every book in series order along with his other series in which Bosch makes appearances.

I just got an email from michaelconnelly.com with this announcement:

I am beyond delighted with this news.
Wow I don't know how I hadn't heard about this previously! I'm a big tv watcher and a huge Harry Fan I'll definitely be checking this out even if I have to vpn it
melmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 10:00 AM   #14
BelleZora
Wizard

The pilot episode of BOSCH is now available:

USA on Amazon Instant Video

UK on LOVEFiLM

Quote:
The show will be available for free for 30 days for anyone to watch, rate or review. The pilot is streaming which means you can watch it anytime day or night and as often as you like.
Please Watch, Rate and Share!

Amazon Studios is asking for viewer feedback on BOSCH (and on all of their new pilots) to help make the decision to go to series. They want people to watch the pilot, answer survey questions when it's done, and then rate it in a 5 star system. We need lots of people to do this so please share the link to the show with your friends and family.
Old 02-06-2014, 10:11 AM   #15
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung A21
Don't worry too much about putting this discussion thread in the right place, we have several forgiving administrators that will move the thread to the right place. Simply do your best at putting it in the right place.

This is rather interesting I am going to need to check Netflix, the only video service that I have right now.
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote