Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-25-2012, 02:05 PM   #1
ralphiedee
Zealot
ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.

Device: none
Interactive pdf to .mobi

Using Calibre I tried this and all the output is a black and white unstructured doc with no images. The original file was done in InDesign CS6 and converted to pdf. I also tried converting to AZW3 same result.

Any help?

R
ralphiedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 04:21 PM   #2
Man Eating Duck
Addict
Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.

Device: Kobo Aura, Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralphiedee View Post
Using Calibre I tried this and all the output is a black and white unstructured doc with no images. The original file was done in InDesign CS6 and converted to pdf. I also tried converting to AZW3 same result.

Any help?

R
If you have access to Indesign, export an epub from the original file and start from there, we also use KindleGen. You will have to do some trickery in Sigil and/or Calibre to add a TOC and a cover which Kindlegen understands. PDF is among the worst possible formats to do anything sensible with, other than printing them out

If you don't have access to the indd source, however, I can't help much.

I'm currently redesigning our workflow for making ebooks of many flavours based on indd sources, I might publish it (Google-translated) here if I get around to do a write-up.
Man Eating Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert