Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > BeBook

Notices

Old 11-29-2010, 02:09 PM   #1
dwesty
dwesty is a marvel to beholddwesty is a marvel to beholddwesty is a marvel to beholddwesty is a marvel to beholddwesty is a marvel to beholddwesty is a marvel to beholddwesty is a marvel to beholddwesty is a marvel to beholddwesty is a marvel to beholddwesty is a marvel to beholddwesty is a marvel to behold

Device: Bebook One (original, not 2010)
Unhappy My Bebook One (the old version) regularly freezing

Nooo!!!

My bebook has been working fine for the best part of two years, during which time I've had to occasionally use the reset button due to the odd 'red light' freeze once in a while.

Now, however it's started happening all the time and I'm flummoxed! It freezes so I have to reset, but then it freezes DURING the reset. Sometimes it resets long enough to open a book, but I'll be lucky if I read 5 - 10 pages before I'm frozen out again. I've never done firmware updates as it's always worked fine for the files I use and I don't trust it not to freeze up during an update if I tried to do one now (I've read that freezing during an update can be catastrophic).

I've bought a brand new battery in case the old one was the cause. This hasn't made any difference.

I've reformatted the internal memory and the sd card memory- no joy.

The problem is the same whether the memory card is in or not.

Got rid of all the books in the formatting process and reloaded some I've read before (basic .txt files).

UPDATE: Since my post though I've done an early firmware update (hanlin v2.02) and it has completed (kept freezing during but eventually got to the end), sadly though I'm getting the freezes still.

I can't live without my £215 ebook reader! Whatever do I do?
dwesty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 10:06 AM   #2
haegar333
haegar333 began at the beginning.

Device: Be-Book
I occasionally get freezes too. I still suspect the SD-Card which I have removed now. I will in a couple of days whether the Freezes are gone.

I think there is no new firmware for the old BeBook. Thus we have to stuck with the latest (V2.02?) or eventually try one of those amateur FW efforts like OpenInkPot ?
haegar333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-08-2011, 04:55 PM   #3
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Try lBook firmware for the old BeBook.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 03:24 AM   #4
Stormchild
Evangelist
Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook 1. BeBook Mini. BeBook Neo and Club. BeBook Live. BeeBook Pure.
It sounds like a battery issue. Was the battery you bought a genuine Nokia? If not then I would try that as the Nokia battery was found to cure a lot of peoples freezing problems.
Stormchild is offline   Reply With Quote