Notices

View Poll Results: Do you prefer eBooks to be Full Justified or Left Justified
I prefer reading eBooks that are Full Justified. 90 51.43%
I prefer reading eBooks that are Left Justified. 85 48.57%
Voters: 175. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-01-2013, 04:28 PM   #91
Chi Cygni
秋子 permanently lurking
Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Pocketbook Era
You mean this? Unmodified (noncalibrified) azw3, downloaded right to Kindle. It's justified enough for me. Now, every line like that would drive me nuts. My Kindle doesn't have any hacks (but it has nice Charis SIL2 though)

Chi Cygni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 04:47 PM   #92
Abtacha
Addict
Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
I've a slight preference for left justified, I don't like the uneven spacing you (sometimes) get with full justification.
Abtacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-01-2013, 04:53 PM   #93
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi Cygni View Post
You mean this? Unmodified (noncalibrified) azw3, downloaded right to Kindle.
Yep. That's it.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 05:29 PM   #94
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
You mean this? Unmodified (noncalibrified) azw3, downloaded right to Kindle. It's justified enough for me. Now, every line like that would drive me nuts. My Kindle doesn't have any hacks (but it has nice Charis SIL2 though)

Question about that Charis SIL. Is that the Modified Charis SIL that I made? By Modified, I mean from the latest RAR file that also contains the Compact Charis SIL? I've upped the weight slightly in the latest RAR and the compact gives a more tighter line space with KF8 if you so desire.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:11 PM   #95
Chi Cygni
秋子 permanently lurking
Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Pocketbook Era
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Question about that Charis SIL. Is that the Modified Charis SIL that I made? By Modified, I mean from the latest RAR file that also contains the Compact Charis SIL? I've upped the weight slightly in the latest RAR and the compact gives a more tighter line space with KF8 if you so desire.
No, I've had it for a while. But perhaps you did it too? I remember you recommending it a while back and this is how I got it. It is very nice, dark enough and I also set lines tighter together. I have the same font on Opus.
Chi Cygni is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-01-2013, 06:25 PM   #96
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
No, I've had it for a while. But perhaps you did it too? I remember you recommending it a while back and this is how I got it. It is very nice, dark enough and I also set lines tighter together. I have the same font on Opus.
Try the modified Charis SIL and see what you think on the Kindle.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=184056

Last edited by JSWolf; 07-27-2016 at 05:38 PM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 06:57 PM   #97
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
Interesting thread. Funny because I honestly don't usually even notice. However, thinking about it now and looking at comparisons, I suppose I find full justified more aesthetically pleasing.
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote