Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 10-18-2014, 05:19 PM   #38326
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 650, Sony T2, Xoom, Nexus 7 (2012 & 2013), Nook ST (x3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
Well maybe you could hop on the foot ferry and come over for an afternoon. Get a taste of small town America!
I'll PM you nearer the time kk. My brother and his family are driving down from Vancouver to meet us though so it's unlikely we'll have time unfortunately.
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 01:02 AM   #38327
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post
I'll PM you nearer the time kk. My brother and his family are driving down from Vancouver to meet us though so it's unlikely we'll have time unfortunately.
Adventures always wait around the next corner!
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 01:19 PM   #38328
Rumpelteazer
Wizard
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 Black, Kobo Aura HD
I'm tired, but in a good way.

Both yesterday and this morning the weather was great (yesterday it was 23 Celcius, the warmest 18 October in 90 years). We had already decided earlier in the week to visit the forest on the Amerongse Berg (Amerongse Hill) aka Grandpa's Forest. Our grandparents always to us there when staying with them. The last time we went there was 14 years ago, just after my grandfather died.

It was great and we walked the route that we usually walked with my grandparents (funny how that comes back after so many years). It was sunny and the forest looked beautiful. I took some great pictures. Afterwards we had something to drink at the pancake house. When sitting outside it started to get cloudy around 2pm. So it was good that we went early.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 04:05 PM   #38329
binaryhermit
binaryhermit knows how to set a laser printer to stun.binaryhermit knows how to set a laser printer to stun.binaryhermit knows how to set a laser printer to stun.binaryhermit knows how to set a laser printer to stun.binaryhermit knows how to set a laser printer to stun.binaryhermit knows how to set a laser printer to stun.binaryhermit knows how to set a laser printer to stun.binaryhermit knows how to set a laser printer to stun.binaryhermit knows how to set a laser printer to stun.binaryhermit knows how to set a laser printer to stun.binaryhermit knows how to set a laser printer to stun.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2nd gen
Surfing the web while watching the end of the Lions-Saints football game
binaryhermit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 04:30 PM   #38330
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 650, Sony T2, Xoom, Nexus 7 (2012 & 2013), Nook ST (x3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by binaryhermit View Post
Who's winning?

Relaxing before bed with a glass of wine.
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 06:29 PM   #38331
trichobezoar
Addict
trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Tablets, Nook Simple Touch & Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
Back home again, and sorting out our gear. Some to put in the washing machine, some to wash with stronger cleaner, some to just put away. Batteries to charge, helmet communicators to charge... locks to lubricate.... Two people on one motorcycle for four days... Surprisingly little to deal with. We were lucky in that we had good weather for the entire ride, although not the real blue-blue skies I was hoping for.

Stitchawl
I wanted to respond earlier but got carried away working on my tablets. >.>

'Hope you and your wife enjoyed your trip! I myself... am looking forwarded to walking around the block later on. lol

Latest update on my Nook Tablets: I decided to emulate the TI Voyage 200 instead of the TI 89 Plus for the simple fact that Voyage 200 has a much better interface; it's much more user-friendly. I installed maybe 15 apps and am now creating a 2 Do List on this! I love the idea of using a calculator to store a 2 Do List... I don't know why, but I do. lol

If any of you are interested in learning how to root a Nook Tablet 16gb (with a micro SD card) and are curious about the TI Voyage 200 emulator, let me know! I could give you the links and a bit of information on the subjects.

'Hope y'all enjoy your evening/night/morning/day!

Last edited by trichobezoar; 10-19-2014 at 06:47 PM.
trichobezoar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:38 AM   #38332
Rumpelteazer
Wizard
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Preparing for my vacation; in three weeks time at this time I'll be there unpacking. I'm now turning one list of "to buy" into lists per store. Besides baking I've decided to be lazy when it comes to cooking, so that makes my supermarket list a lot shorter .

Tomorrow I'm going to order a craft tote so I can take my supplies with me. I've just selected the pictures I'm going to get printed from my trip to Dublin two years ago so I can get creative with those.
Old Yesterday, 05:36 PM   #38333
cromag
Surfing the alpha waves ~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite, Jetbook Mini, Netbook, and two Androids
Quote:
Originally Posted by binaryhermit View Post
Ah, a rivalry dating back to the old (Roman) Colosseum.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:37 PM   #38334
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: FHDX8.9, FHD7.1, Nex7.2, Nex4, Kin4S, ClipZip
Listening to Christmas music
tubemonkey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:13 PM   #38335
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Burping french fries

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Listening to Christmas music
You sick sick monkey
Old Today, 12:46 AM   #38336
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: FHDX8.9, FHD7.1, Nex7.2, Nex4, Kin4S, ClipZip
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
Burping french fries

You sick sick monkey
Christmas Music season = Labor Day to Easter
tubemonkey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:01 AM   #38337
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Christmas Music season = Labor Day to Easter
Yep, it appears to be a severe case of Monkey fever
Old Today, 08:01 AM   #38338
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
After several hours of fencing today, my dear sweet wife says "Gee, lets go play table tennis!" (She's been taking lessons and wanted to try out her new paddle.) An hour and a half of table tennis on top of several hours of fencing. What am I doing right now?

I'm enumerating the places on my body that don't hurt. It's a lot easier than counting the parts that do.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:06 PM   #38339
Rumpelteazer
Wizard

A funny coincidence today. A couple of weeks before a vacation to a Landal park you always get sent the magazine of the park you're going to. With the things that can be done at the park and surrounding areas, a map, etc. That came today, but my father also handed me a postcard with a picture of the apartments of the park I'm to on the front. He commented that it was weird that I got two mailings.

Turns out the postcard wasn't from the vacation park but from a manufacturer for outdoor LED light fixtures. With on the front a picture of one of their project, which just turned out to be Waterparc Veluwemeer and the apartments I'm staying in.

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?