Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-04-2012, 08:04 AM   #2656
simblanco
simblanco can extract oil from cheesesimblanco can extract oil from cheesesimblanco can extract oil from cheesesimblanco can extract oil from cheesesimblanco can extract oil from cheesesimblanco can extract oil from cheesesimblanco can extract oil from cheesesimblanco can extract oil from cheese

Device: kindle 4.1.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by qlob View Post
Thanks! Yeah,that's probably it. That means the image is corrupted or something (I think.)

Try redownloading it and doing it again.
omb (oh my buddha). downloaded again from this site (previous version don't remember anymore where i got it), tried again: it works. I feel dumb now thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!
simblanco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 12:36 PM   #2657
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@inameiname: Oh. Then I have a slight idea of what might have been the issue.... (Still shouldn't happen in 'normal' circumstances, though...). That said, no, the uninstall won't have deleted usbnet's logfile, but then given when it hung, it might not even have been created at that point .

The system logs might hold more information, but then again, maybe not...

@simblanco: Don't reboot with a custom .bin on your Kindle. Always use the 'Update Your Kindle' link from the Settings' page menu.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-05-2012, 07:06 AM   #2658
harpangel36
Connoisseur
harpangel36 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
SS for Paperwhite?

I know it's early, but any ideas when there would be a screensaver hack for the Kindle paper white? Could I just use the one for the Kindle 4 instead? I am coming from a KK.
Thanks for all you do!!
harpangel36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:08 AM   #2659
lokoroko
lokoroko began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G
After i have uninstalled JB there is folder named "linkjail" in kindle drive. Is it normal and i need to delete it manually?
lokoroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:43 AM   #2660
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@harpangel36: Nope. The K5 simple screensavers one will be a better starting point.

@lokoroko: Yup, completely normal. And, if you used a recent enough uninstaller, completely safe to delete straight away (if not, after a restart).
Advert
Old 10-05-2012, 03:20 PM   #2661
harpangel36
Connoisseur
harpangel36 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Not sure what you mean by a better starting point. Is there a hack for a K5 and should I follow those instructions for my Paperwhite?
harpangel36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 04:20 PM   #2662
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@harpangel36: Can't really say it much clearer. It means, that, yes, there's is a K5 hack, but it needs to be ported (at the very, very least repacked), and it's a much better starting point than the K2/3/4 hacks to base a port from.
Old 10-06-2012, 08:37 PM   #2663
dAhc
dAhc began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
hello!

question: if I install the software update 3.4 for kindle keybord, does my screensaver hack stops working? do I have to install jailbreak again??

I want to update but I don't want to lose the hack...
dAhc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 08:43 PM   #2664
qlob
Official Lurker
qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3.4
The screensavers still work with 3.4. you may have to uninstall the hack, install 3.4, than install the screensaver hack again though...
qlob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 04:51 AM   #2665
Akirainblack
abibliophobic
Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV jailbroken
I was emailed the following this morning:
Code:
https://github.com/antijingoist/open-dyslexic
It's a font which is meant to be much easier for dyslexics to read.
Felt this would be an appropriate place to link this information in the hope that we can use it on our Kindles.
Akirainblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 07:05 AM   #2666
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
OpenDyslexic TTF's

enc. to make this go a bit easier.
They are open after all.

LICENSE:
Spoiler:
Quote:
The license for this font is:

OpenDyslexic(open-dyslexic) by Abelardo Gonzalez is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License. Based on a work at dyslexicfonts.com. Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://dyslexicfonts.com/license.php.

Original Bitstream License:

Copyright (c) 2003 by Bitstream, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Bitstream Vera is a trademark of Bitstream, Inc.

Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of the fonts accompanying this license (“Fonts”) and associated documentation files (the “Font Software”), to reproduce and distribute the Font Software, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, merge, publish, distribute, and/or sell copies of the Font Software, and to permit persons to whom the Font Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:

The above copyright and trademark notices and this permission notice shall be included in all copies of one or more of the Font Software typefaces.

The Font Software may be modified, altered, or added to, and in particular the designs of glyphs or characters in the Fonts may be modified and additional glyphs or characters may be added to the Fonts, only if the fonts are renamed to names not containing either the words “Bitstream” or the word “Vera”.

This License becomes null and void to the extent applicable to Fonts or Font Software that has been modified and is distributed under the “Bitstream Vera” names.

The Font Software may be sold as part of a larger software package but no copy of one or more of the Font Software typefaces may be sold by itself.

THE FONT SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT OF COPYRIGHT, PATENT, TRADEMARK, OR OTHER RIGHT. IN NO EVENT SHALL BITSTREAM OR THE GNOME FOUNDATION BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, INCLUDING ANY GENERAL, SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE FONT SOFTWARE OR FROM OTHER DEALINGS IN THE FONT SOFTWARE.

Except as contained in this notice, the names of Gnome, the Gnome Foundation, and Bitstream Inc., shall not be used in advertising or otherwise to promote the sale, use or other dealings in this Font Software without prior written authorization from the Gnome Foundation or Bitstream Inc., respectively. For further information, contact: fonts at gnome dot org.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_096.png
Views:	347
Size:	21.6 KB
ID:	93629  
Attached Files
File Type: gz opendyslexic.tar.gz (208.3 KB, 229 views)

Last edited by twobob; 10-08-2012 at 07:06 AM. Reason: Spoiler
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 12:37 AM   #2667
blueann_22
blueann_22 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4 NT (SO)
Kindle 4 NT Screensaver hack

Hi, I'm new here. I have a Kindle 4 NT (silver with Kindle Special Offer). I've just jailbroken my kindle and just installed the screensaver hack. I have done it to the letter. But after restarting, my custom screensavers don't show. It still have the default screensaver with the "Please connect wirelessly to download the latest Special Offers". My Kindle is with the latest firmware (4.1.0). Then when I came upon this thread, I've read this:

ScreenSavers:
Spoiler:

Note for Kindle Special Offers Users:

This doesn't, and won't ever, help you bypass something you agreed to (screensaver ads), so please stop asking.

What does this mean? Is this screensaver hack doesn't work for Kindle with Special Offers? Please enlighten me. I very much like to see my custom screensavers. Thank you in advance.
blueann_22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 01:01 AM   #2668
blueann_22
blueann_22 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4 NT (SO)
Kindle 4 NT Screensaver hack

[QUOTE=NiLuJe;973688]This is a giant thread in which you'll find the custom ScreenSavers, custom Fonts & USBNetwork hacks for all non Touch Kindle devices (Kindle 2/DX/DXG/3/4), along with the Kindle 2/DX/DXG/3 JailBreak.
I know it's a bit daunting, but please bear with me, it'll be worth it .

[/INDENT][/SPOILER]

ScreenSavers:[INDENT][SPOILER]

This doesn't, and won't ever, help you bypass something you agreed to (screensaver ads), so please stop asking.

Hi, I'm new here. I have a Kindle 4 NT (silver with Kindle Special Offer). I've just jailbroken my kindle and just installed the screensaver hack. I have done it to the letter. But after restarting, my custom screensavers don't show. It still have the default screensaver with the "Please connect wirelessly to download the latest Special Offers". My Kindle is with the latest firmware (4.1.0). Then when I came upon this thread, I've read this:

ScreenSavers:
Spoiler:

What does this mean? Is this screensaver hack doesn't work for Kindle with Special Offers? Please enlighten me. I very much like to see my custom screensavers. Thank you in advance.
blueann_22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 02:48 AM   #2669
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@blueann_22: If you think about it for a minute, it should be clear: No.
Old 10-10-2012, 08:49 AM   #2670
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Although screensavers can be hacked (and there may be hacks that work with SO kindles elsewhere in the forums), we recommend that you upgrade your SO kindle to a non-SO kindle so that the screensaver hack here will work. You can do that at your amazon web page by paying an upgrade fee if you are in the USA. Amazon support has been reported to do that for you at no cost to you if you live in a country where the ads are not available.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fonts, fw3, hack, jailbreak 3.1, niluje's hacks, screensavers, usbnet