Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 06-12-2009, 05:14 AM   #1
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
Question Sites for modern Chinese E-Books

Does anybody know any good sites for modern Chinese ebooks? Traditional and Simplified would both be ok. Pay and free are fine.
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 07:06 AM   #2
Polyglot27
Addict
Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Gen3, Archos 80 G9, Sony PRS-650, Sony T1, Asus MemoPad.
BeBook has a download site for books in Chinese here.
http://mybebook.com/download_free_eb...e/languages/zh
This is a site for English translations from the Chinese.
http://www.silkpagoda.com/catalog/
Polyglot27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-13-2009, 10:37 PM   #3
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks for the info. Though I had some problem with the encoding, my computer had all the fonts but I could not get any characters to display in the PDF file. Found a work around, download the text file, open it in word with the correct Unicode encoding and then save it as PDF. Keeps file size down to 5MB, which is fine for such a long book. And looks real good on the Sony.

However, all sites, including this site only has classical text. I was looking for modern, contemporary literature, including perhaps translations of books from English and other languages into Chinese. Sure there are plenty of pirate sites but I was looking for something legal. This is for my wife. She reads more than I do and the physical books are piling up....
Old 06-19-2009, 07:11 AM   #4
Polyglot27
Addict
Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Gen3, Archos 80 G9, Sony PRS-650, Sony T1, Asus MemoPad.
A friend in China sent me this link for modern books. If your wife is Chinese she can navigate the site for you.
http://www.inien.com/w/#/Index
Polyglot27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 10:00 PM   #5
HansTWN
Wizard

Appreciate your help. Actually I can read Chinese quite well, even though rather slowly.
Advert