Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 01-22-2014, 07:56 PM   #1
SeaCanary
Enthusiast
SeaCanary began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Blank Lines In Code

When I close a tab containing code and then reopen it after saving the file Sigil adds a blank line between each line of code. How can I get it to stop this?

Before...
Code:
<body class="calibre sgc-3">
  <h3 class="sgc-2" id="heading_id_2">B<i>onny</i> L<i>ight</i> H<i>orseman</i></h3>
  <p class="chorusbody">Cho: Oh, Napoleon Bonaparte, you’re the cause of my woe<br /></p>
  <p class="chorusbody">Since my bonny light horseman to the wars he did go</p>
  <p class="chorusbody">Broken hearted I’ll wander, broken hearted I’ll remain</p>
  <p class="chorusend">Since my bonny light horseman in the wars he was slain</p>

<p class="versebody">When Boney commanded his armies to stand</p>
  <p class="versebody">And proud lift his banners all gayly and grand</p>
  <p class="versebody">He levelled his cannons right over the plain</p>
  <p class="verseend">And my bonny light horseman in the wars he was slain</p>
After:
Code:
<body class="calibre sgc-3">
  <h3 class="sgc-2" id="heading_id_2">B<i>onny</i> L<i>ight</i> H<i>orseman</i></h3>

<p class="chorusbody">Cho: Oh, Napoleon Bonaparte, you’re the cause of my woe<br /></p>

<p class="chorusbody">Since my bonny light horseman to the wars he did go</p>

<p class="chorusbody">Broken hearted I’ll wander, broken hearted I’ll remain</p>

<p class="chorusend">Since my bonny light horseman in the wars he was slain</p>

<p class="versebody">When Boney commanded his armies to stand</p>

<p class="versebody">And proud lift his banners all gayly and grand</p>

<p class="versebody">He levelled his cannons right over the plain</p>

<p class="verseend">And my bonny light horseman in the wars he was slain</p>
SeaCanary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 08:01 PM   #2
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
This doesn't have any effect on reading the book, it is just HTML tidy which makes the code more readable.

If you wish, it can be changed from Edit ==> Preferences ==> Clean Source and uncheck the option to autoclean when opening.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-22-2014, 08:24 PM   #3
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Uncheck it for "Saving" as well. Otherwise you won't be able to save any changes without Tidy kicking in.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 08:51 PM   #4
SeaCanary
Enthusiast
SeaCanary began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Thanks all !!
SeaCanary is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
extra lines