Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 01-31-2014, 09:32 AM   #16
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumabjorn View Post
If I have to take one for the team, then so be it.

BTW, what is the Forum Spy?
If you click on the Quick Links dropdown the option one up from the end is Forum Spy. It gives a page that shows the latest posts made in real time (?) and refreshes itself.
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 09:35 AM   #17
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeInMyShoes View Post
It's tough. Generally the first step is to check the IPs of the spammers and if the same, then just block the IP from creating accounts, in some cases they use IP spoofing so it is different every time and blocking the originating larger group of IPs can affect real users. I find the spam on MobileRead is pretty low, but there's been a bunch this morning.
Oh, please don't think I was criticising them - I was just agreeing that there must be a lot of incoming spam at the moment because the mods aren't quite blocking it all out like they normally do.

Spam is hardly a problem at all on MR as far as us humble users see (the mods' opinion may differ).
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-31-2014, 10:17 AM   #18
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
Yes, the mods are doing a good job because I don't see spam messages. Maybe I am too dumb to even recognize spam msgs.

Saw my first spam thread in General Discussions.

Off with their head!!

Last edited by jersysman; 01-31-2014 at 12:59 PM. Reason: Saw Spam post
jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 01:10 PM   #19
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post
If you click on the Quick Links dropdown the option one up from the end is Forum Spy. It gives a page that shows the latest posts made in real time (?) and refreshes itself.
Ahh, ok thanks. Being on through Tapatalk most of the time I'm missing out on a lot off features.
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 08:02 AM   #20
goldilocks
Addict
goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505
I am sure the mods remove a lot of spam ( thank-you)...but does the software do it also? A few days ago when all the Japanese (or Chinese?) spam hit, I reported one of them and it immediately disappeared. So, I was thinking that my report caused it to be removed. This was kind of scary - could someone report something as spam (and it really isn't) and it would be removed right away?
goldilocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-01-2014, 09:13 AM   #21
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Be assured - we look before we shoot!

Translation: reporting a post or thread as spam does not cause it to automatically be deleted - we examine each one before pulling the trigger on it. The software can catch spam posts too - they are put into 'quarantine' for us to verify their spammy status before they are deleted.

We appreciate members that do report spam - and encourage all of you to help us keep this forum as clear of spam as possible.

P.S. The latest round of Japanese language spam has centered in the General Discussion Forum - keep your eyes open there please.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 01:30 PM   #22
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post

Translation: reporting a post or thread as spam does not cause it to automatically be deleted - we examine each one before pulling the trigger on it. The software can catch spam posts too - they are put into 'quarantine' for us to verify their spammy status before they are deleted.

We appreciate members that do report spam - and encourage all of you to help us keep this forum as clear of spam as possible.

P.S. The latest round of Japanese language spam has centered in the General Discussion Forum - keep your eyes open there please.
It might help if the software didn't limit us to reporting one every couple of minutes. I know when the first batch of Japanese spam hit, I reported the first, then tried to report the rest and got blocked. So I cheated, I looked to see which Green Meanies were online and PM'd one I knew.

IAC, thanks a bunch for all you greenies do. I, for one, very much appreciate it.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 01:36 PM   #23
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 3, KPW1
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
It might help if the software didn't limit us to reporting one every couple of minutes. I know when the first batch of Japanese spam hit, I reported the first, then tried to report the rest and got blocked. So I cheated, I looked to see which Green Meanies were online and PM'd one I knew.
Yeah. It's a bit frustrating when the spammers are hitting faster than I can report. But then they're cheating with multiple user names. When I see a big spam run on an individual forum, I click "Report Post" and instead of hitting the spam button, I leave a short message in the text box. Seems to work.
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 04:55 PM   #24
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Which is very helpful and thanks for all the watchful eyes and reports. It really does help. There should be less of our recent spam attacks now as Alex has done some of his magic.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 05:54 PM   #25
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
Here's what is like to know. Why bother with spam in a language on a board where hardly anyone understand it?
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 06:08 PM   #26
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 3, KPW1
Well... I don't think intelligence is a requirement for spammers.
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 08:16 PM   #27
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgaiser View Post
Yeah. It's a bit frustrating when the spammers are hitting faster than I can report. But then they're cheating with multiple user names. When I see a big spam run on an individual forum, I click "Report Post" and instead of hitting the spam button, I leave a short message in the text box. Seems to work.
Yup, what I did. And then PM'd a Mod.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
Which is very helpful and thanks for all the watchful eyes and reports. It really does help. There should be less of our recent spam attacks now as Alex has done some of his magic.
We like our quiet home and we appreciate the magic the mods and Alex do to keep it that way.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 03:38 PM   #28
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post

I noticed some yesterday in the deals/free forum and reported on it. It was about 14-15 posts when I noticed it and a few minutes later it was gone! So it went from crowding out the legit posts to zip very quickly. I don't know if it was me reporting it or our mods being vigilant but either way it was taken care of quickly.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 03:40 PM   #29
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumabjorn View Post
Here's what is like to know. Why bother with spam in a language on a board where hardly anyone understand it?
Good question. I think it just gives them a sense of satisfaction to crowd out the legit posts with their junk, even if no one else can understand what they are talking about.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 07:35 AM   #30
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Oasis 2; Aura HD; iPad Air; PRS-350; Galaxy S7.
Personally, I'm disgusted whenever I encounter ads that beseech the reader to regard LIVE! HOT! FORENSIC
CAT NOSTRILS IN YOUR ICE-FLAP EAR-MOLD MINTAMIN COMMODINATOR!!!
, which is why I tend to ignore the sorts of threads we're discussing.

Whenever I click on the wrong headline and find a script exhorting me to TRY FRESH NEW SPAMLUSTRE FORUM POLISHING SOFTWARE!!!! Just a few mouse-dropping's a day will keep you're forums breath erect and soothing!, I pray that the next post won't ask me to TRY ARE NEWBREATH-SIZE enhancement lottery lozenges with curves waiting to meet your esophagus as soon as your legally willing too be prosperous (think rich and meet hot! live! tabbies with randy nostrils!") ;, , which is when I defer to my ISP's privacy-enhancing surveillance plugins, now ribbed with fanciful nutrients.

[execute gambling startup]

Hey Louis' LOL! Wassup,. Love yr thread, its really motivated to work at home LOL HEY LOOK at this Russian bride bikini desire for you. I believe in you, Mom Dad! Thats why its important to honor it's continuity cigarettes flavor with new ways to send money for calamity to Hospital in Kenya, Apartment 26, Peking 24709-1F9H3;, before Other's laugh at yore literacy spoonerisms actuate Mr. Pepper : p.Hd soda therapy will boost you're incomes sex drive!!!!!!!.[dwnldfriendlypistoltoy.exe]

her police with hair were numerous, they man would was and say

Last edited by Prestidigitweeze; 02-05-2014 at 07:52 AM. Reason: Newly enhanced for your viewing potency!
Prestidigitweeze is offline   Reply With Quote