Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 08-04-2006, 12:41 AM   #1
alexdouglas
alexdouglas began at the beginning.

Device: Treo 650
Plucker: Can I indent paragraphs?

This is by far the best eBook reader I've found. It allows me to easily import fonts, keep most document formatting, rotate the screen 90 degrees--though there is one issue I'm having:

I make most of my eBooks by saving Word documents as html and then using pdaconverter to convert them to plucker format. But after the conversion, the paragraph indents have disappeared. Instead, there is an extra blank line between paragraphs. I've searched in the program and googled...is there a way to convert files so the indent remains?

Thanks!
alexdouglas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 03:59 AM   #2
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Alex, Word converted html files are usually messy and it's possible that your tool (pdaconverter) doesn't parse the html tags correctly. Have you tried to use Sunrise instead fo convert your html to Plucker?
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-04-2006, 12:05 PM   #3
Laurens
Jah Blessed
Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.

Device: iPod Touch
IIRC, Plucker Desktop has such an option. Not sure, though.
Laurens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 05:58 PM   #4
alexdouglas
alexdouglas began at the beginning.

Device: Treo 650
Yep--started using Plucker desktop and it's working like a champ. Thanks!
alexdouglas is offline   Reply With Quote