Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 10-23-2012, 02:42 AM   #1
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Live Blogs - Apple iPad mini Event 23 Oct 2012

Apple is having a major press event to announce their new iPad mini. It's being held in San Jose, CA on Tue 23 Oct 2012.
  • Time: 10:00 AM PDT (UTC -7)
Note: there will be a live video stream via Safari and Apple TV. Online streaming requires Safari 4 on Mac OS X 10.6 or Safari on iOS 4.2.

Not sure if other tech sites will be allowed to live stream video or not. Otherwise, some of them will offer live video feeds of their commentators doing a blow-by-blow account, like CNET and TWiT.

The following websites are providing coverage via live blogging. I'll add links and/or expand the list as more details are brought to my attention. If you know of any, post them and I'll add them to the list.

Last edited by tubemonkey; 10-23-2012 at 11:05 AM.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 07:53 AM   #2
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
You pre-ordered yet?

I'm just hopin' it bumps the stock price.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 10:39 AM   #3
robertc88
Fanatic
robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I don't think preorder is available before announcement, right? No specs, price, etc.
robertc88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 10:47 AM   #4
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertc88 View Post
I don't think preorder is available before announcement, right? No specs, price, etc.
You'd think that they would allow it, anyhow.

"New Apple thing - we can't tell you what it is, but we can let you pay for it now!" They'd probably sell out before they even made the announcement.
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 10:48 AM   #5
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingLemur View Post
You'd think that they would allow it, anyhow.

"New Apple thing - we can't tell you what it is, but we can let you pay for it now!" They'd probably sell out before they even made the announcement.
Old 10-23-2012, 10:50 AM   #6
andyh2000
Avid reader
andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4 / Kindle Paperwhite
Apparently they're (Apple) resuming live streaming of events.

http://www.apple.com/apple-events/october-2012/

Andrew
andyh2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 10:59 AM   #7
robertc88
Fanatic
robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I'm trying to crystal ball the specs but it's broken. Guess I'll have to wait but something tells me I can easily live with what I have. It isn't going to be the NEXT BEST THING is my assumption in its size range.
robertc88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 11:01 AM   #8
kennyc

Call me a hypocrite, but the only thing Apple I'll ever buy is the stock.
Old 10-23-2012, 11:07 AM   #9
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Just found this. Apple will be streaming live video of the event via Safari and Apple TV.

Apple Events

Quote:
Watch a live video stream of the special event online or via Apple TV starting at 10:00 a.m. PDT.

Live streaming video requires Safari 4 or later on Mac OS X v10.6 or later; Safari on iOS 4.2 or later. Streaming via Apple TV requires second- or third-generation Apple TV with software 5.0.2 or later.
Old 10-23-2012, 11:10 AM   #10
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
I just hope that they keep calling it an iPad mini and not a mini iPad. Something tells me if they do that the "i" will suddenly disappear.

jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 11:10 AM   #11
andyh2000
Avid reader
andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4 / Kindle Paperwhite
Is there an echo in here?
andyh2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 11:13 AM   #12
din155
Guru
din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Win 10 thinkpad 8in
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Call me a hypocrite, but the only thing Apple I'll ever buy is the stock.
You called for it. You are a hypocrite
At the moment, I dont have enough money to buy Apple stocks.
din155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 11:18 AM   #13
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyh2000 View Post
Apparently they're (Apple) resuming live streaming of events.

http://www.apple.com/apple-events/october-2012/

Andrew
Beat me

I was busy updating the OP before posting my link. When I started, there was still only one reply; so I missed the replies that went on in the mean time.
Old 10-23-2012, 11:19 AM   #14
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyh2000 View Post
Is there an echo in here?
Hellooo~ Hellooo!! Helloooo!!!

Yep, echo.
Old 10-23-2012, 11:20 AM   #15
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by jersysman View Post
I just hope that they keep calling it an iPad mini and not a mini iPad. Something tells me if they do that the "i" will suddenly disappear.

Just wait til the larger version is announced!