Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 08-23-2006, 04:58 PM   #1
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Lightbulb E-Reader carrying box

As some of you know by now I'm working on the design of a practical travel box for the Sony and the Iliad.

It will be made of exotic woods and marquetry for higher end and brass for hardware and foam on the inside.
On a practical note, the back flap will be adjustable for reading angle.
The front flap will feature lighting with rechargeable AA or AAA batteries at the bottom. Both will open from the bottom up (top to bottom for the back flap) to permit easy operation of the controls.

First of all, aside from NatCh's belt clip does anyone have things they might consider useful ?

I would also want to ask Iliad users what colour lighting would be better, blue led, krypton, micro halogen, or plain flashlight. If someone could try in the dark, that would help.

Thanks
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 04:59 PM   #2
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The size could be ajusted to any Palm or other reader.
Advert
Old 08-23-2006, 05:03 PM   #3
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by yvanleterrible
...aside from NatCh's belt clip....
Hah!

I didn't mean to suggest a belt clip, I was remarking further on Kosst Amojan's quip about buying a clip on light.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 05:07 PM   #4
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User

Smooooth one !
Old 08-23-2006, 09:32 PM   #5
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
I can't wait to see what you come up with. As can be seen from the web site in your profile, you have amazing skills working with wood and furniture!
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-23-2006, 11:55 PM   #6
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

yvanleterrible, do you have in mind a price range for these masterpieces you're describing? I'm not sure what I think about something so elaborate, but it does tweak my gadget interest.

Your website is really impressive -- I've done some woodworking myself (carving, mainly), and watched my dad all my life (he worked his way through Grad school doing cabinetry work in an antique & furniture store). I think I have a pretty good idea of the kind of skill & effort that goes into the kind of things you make, and I'm quite impressed by what y'all do.

Last edited by NatCh; 08-23-2006 at 11:57 PM.
Old 08-24-2006, 09:03 AM   #7
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User

Many thanks NatCh !
I've been at it doing just that for almost 30 years. It's one of these things where repetition teaches.

I'm not quite sure about the price of the box yet. I have to do a mockup first. It is not the materials, it's the time involved that will determine the final blow.

I'll try to set up manufacturing processes, if I can get volume, prices will go down...
Old 08-24-2006, 11:01 AM   #8
NatCh
Gizmologist

Fair enough, I knew I was asking for something you couldn't know.

I was just hoping you might be willing to risk taking a SWAG at it.

Do please let us know when you have some idea.