Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 11-12-2011, 03:18 AM   #1
ricochet8
ricochet8 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle1 but using Kindle for iPad
Red face How can I do this?

I've downloaded from Gutenberg a book for my Kindle, which unsurprisingly is in .mobi format. But I don't like the default cover and on my third attempt managed to change it in Calibre and email the corrected file successfully to my iPad. It showed the desired cover in my Kindle for iPad and I happily repeated the process for another book, again successfully. Now, to my embarrassment, I have consistently failed in my third attempt. I download the book to my PC, transfer it to Calibre, open it there, replace the cover, click OK, save it outside Calibre and email that to my iPad. But, when I open it in Kindle on the iPad, the book is there, but the cover is the one provided in the download from Gutenberg. I've tried this numerous times with the same unsatisfactory result. This is bad enough, but I'm especially frustrated since I did it right twice, though apparently only through dumb luck. What am I doing wrong? Thanks!

ricochet8
ricochet8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 06:39 AM   #2
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
After you have selected the new cover, do a MOBI to MOBI conversion. Then save to disk.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-12-2011, 05:46 PM   #3
ricochet8
ricochet8 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle1 but using Kindle for iPad
wallcraft:

I bless the books you read and the person who reads them. Many thanks!

ricochet
ricochet8 is offline   Reply With Quote