Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 05-14-2010, 01:19 AM   #1
geoffrichards
geoffrichards began at the beginning.

Device: none
sony reader library fails to load

I have a Mac OSX and a Sony Reader PRS 300. Everything worked well for a while. Now, when I try to run the reader library it partly runs to the extent the Reader Library heading appears on the top menu line, but fails to load further - i.e. no screen. Additionally it refuses to quit and I have to use force quit to shut down. This happened once before and MR forums gave me the simple answer which was to trash a sony folder tucked away in the Library system. Like an idiot I was thrilled at the simplicity of the solution but forgot to make a note for when I might need it again.

Can anyone help???
geoffrichards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 02:44 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
What did you change or install before Reader Library stopped working?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-14-2010, 12:29 PM   #3
geoffrichards

JSWolf:
Nothing of note apart from fixing a printer software bug (with a commercial program) and a defrag of my hard disk.

Nothing else is amiss.

Geoff
Old 05-14-2010, 10:44 PM   #4
geoffrichards

JSWolf: I have found a fix by trial and error.
Close the Reader Library program. Go to (built-in) hard disk, then Users/yourname/Library/Preferences/Sony Corporation. Trash this Sony Corporation folder. Restart the Mac.
All then is restored to normal function !

This time I will make a note of the fix.

Geoff R
Old 05-14-2010, 10:53 PM   #5
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Congrats on finding the fix!
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert