Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-03-2006, 10:02 AM   #1
KlondikeGeoff
Wombat Aficionado
KlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enough

Device: Fire, Kindle1, Sony PRS-500 Reader, Rocket 1100 eBook
Name, address & phone number if lose Reader

Taking a tip from my PDA which displays my name & phone number when first turned on, I did two things for the Reader.

1. Put the information printed on a card on the back of the case, taped on with a piece of transparent shipping tape.

2. Created a RFT document in 30 pt type that reads:

If found, please contact:
KlondikeGeoff
etc, etc, etc
123-555-1234

Whenever am taking the Reader out to pass the time in a doctor's office, at the airport, or waiting while my wife shops, I open that document whenever quit reading. Then if I manage to forget it somewhere, there is some chance that whoever finds it just may contact me.
KlondikeGeoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 10:50 AM   #2
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
This would be a good thing for Sony to implement in SW. An Owner ID section that always opens when the reader is turned on. Then a simple "Page Advance" could put you back where you were last reading.

Very good thinking, KlondikeGeoff. I had been trying to come up with something similar to how I do on my PDA.

Thanks, I plan to follow your example.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 02:23 PM   #3
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
I had thought about engraving my name and phone number on the device (Sony now offers this for some of their laptops.) In college I used an engraving stick to carve my name and ID on my calculator (very sloppy looking) and it was returned. (Honest student body.)

I have already made the file and loaded it. Thanks for the suggestion and motivation.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote