Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 01-02-2013, 05:24 AM   #1
chemi
chemi began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T2
Importing one library into another one

Hello, I would like to import a Calibre Library from a friend into mine.
I can import the books from the directories but I won't get the metadata cleaned and updated by my friend. I will get the rubbish from inside each book.

So that's the question, how can I import the books with the library metadata into my own Calibre Library?

Thanks in advance,

Chemi.
chemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 05:55 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by chemi View Post
Hello, I would like to import a Calibre Library from a friend into mine.
If you have the entire library than switch to the library using the Switch/create library option on the library icon. Once you are viewing the new library you can select whichever books you wish and copy them your library using the Copy to Library feature of calibre.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:16 AM   #3
chemi
chemi began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T2
Great! Thanks a lot...
One more question, have those copied books between Libraries the updated metadata?

Thanks again,

Chemi.

Last edited by chemi; 01-02-2013 at 08:19 AM.
chemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:09 AM   #4
Adoby
Handy Elephant
Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Thinkpad E595, Ubuntu Mate, Huawei Mediapad 5, Bouye Likebook Plus
Yes, but the updated metadata is usually not actually stored in the books, but in the database calibre use to store metadata. metadata.db
Adoby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:24 AM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by chemi View Post
Great! Thanks a lot...
One more question, have those copied books between Libraries the updated metadata?

Thanks again,

Chemi.
If you use Calibre's Copy to Library (not Add Books), feature, it takes care of that.

Both libraries must be valid for this to function.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
import library