Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-05-2008, 10:14 PM   #1
JAJA
Nagual
JAJA began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Caliber "Browsing books by cover disabled"

I've away for a while, and today i update my powerbook to 10.5.3, and caliber to 0.4.68.
I saw this new feature, for browsing by pictures, thanks very much, but it doesn't work and show a message "Browsing Books by their covers is disabled. Import of picturedflow module failed. dlopen (Aplications/iAplications/iTexto/Caliber.app/Contents/Resurces/lib/python2.5/lib-dynload/picturesflow.so 2): no suitable image found. Did found: Aplications/iAplications/iTexto/Caliber.app/Contents/Resurces/lib/python2.5/lib-dynload/picturesflow.so: mach-o, but wrong architecture.

And the icon is in grey.
JAJA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 10:46 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Are you on a PPC machine? that feature only works on intel machines
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 02:38 PM   #3
JeffElkins
Guru
JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E/HD, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Are you on a PPC machine? that feature only works on intel machines
I'm seeing this with Kubuntu 8.04 on a Mac mini / Intel.

import of pictureflow module failed
the sip module supports API 3.0 to
v3.6 but the pictureflow module
requires API v3.7
JeffElkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 03:23 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

On linux you need pyqt4 >= 4.4.2 and sip >= 4.7.6 for it to work

Last edited by kovidgoyal; 06-06-2008 at 03:30 PM.
Old 06-07-2008, 08:17 AM   #5
JAJA
Nagual
JAJA began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Yep, is a PPC Powerbook.
Have you got any intention to port it to PPC?
JAJA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 01:13 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

I can't seem to get it to compile a universal binary