Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-10-2010, 04:22 PM   #1
sanarita
sanarita began at the beginning.

Device: Ipad
calibre barely works

I am running version 0.7.13 on a Windows 7, 64 bit operating system. The problem I am having is that the program freezes frequently, and about 3/4 of the buttons and tabs will not click. I have to exit and restart the program just to do something like select a different book. I have tried disabling my antivirus and firewall, I have read the FAQ's, the manual, and watched the video.

I am a newbie, so I apologize if I am posting in the wrong place. I would really like to use this program!! Help!!
sanarita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 05:14 PM   #2
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
I see you're using an iPad, please review 'Calibre +iPad: Start here' to configure your system properly for iTunes integration.

G
GRiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-10-2010, 06:12 PM   #3
eric11210
Addict
eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-600
More information would likely be helpful in figuring out what the problem is, however I often find Calibre freezes for me as well. It doesn't mean the program isn't working correctly. It just means that it's doing some on your computer sometimes takes time to work, especially if you have a large collection. I find if I'm patient and wait that it always finishes what it's doing and starts working just fine again, even though Windows initially reports that it's not responding. This is especially true when you have a large library as I do (3,000+ books).

Eric
eric11210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 06:18 PM   #4
texasnightowl
Guru
texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, K4B(NT), K3/KK
I agree that more information would be helpful...how many other programs are running, how much memory in your system. I am also running a Win 7 64 bit system and haven't had any issues. My current library is about 1150 titles.
texasnightowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 02:27 PM   #5
sanarita

I found solution

Thanks so much for your helpful comments! This is a really nice forum. I tried Calibre on my other computer (same stats), and it works fine. I think that my hard drive is failing, because now I am having other programs freeze on me. At the very least, I need to reinstall my OS.
Advert
Old 08-14-2010, 05:57 AM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Are you getting disk errors shown in the system event log?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 12:54 PM   #7
sanarita

Thumbs up Thanks for your concern

Actually, by now, my whole computer is crashed, and it is on its way back to the factory for rebuilding. There is no doubt at all that the problem I had was a hardware problem. I hope to get it back in a couple of weeks in refurbished condition, and ready to use again.