Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 01-20-2009, 01:46 PM   #1
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Mobipocket adds BlackBerry Storm and Bold support

Mobipocket Reader 6.0 for BlackBerry - Beta build 80 has just been released. It adds support for BlackBerry Storm and Bold. Explicit support for the Storm, in particular, has been often requested on the MobiPocket Forums.

Quote:
January 19th, 2009: release of Build 80 beta version

New features:
  • Support of BlackBerry Storm - 9500 phone series.
  • Support of BlackBerry Bold - 9000 phone series.

Bug fixes:
  • Fix of a crash during over the air eBook download.
  • Fix of some sub-menus which were not displayed on some BlackBerry devices (e.g. annotations sub-menu).

Known issues:
  • Annotations are not synchronized when eBooks are sent from the desktop reader to BlackBerry devices. We suggest you download eBooks from the Over The Air store.
  • Search feature doesn't highlight results in the text.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 05:53 PM   #2
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Awesome thanks wallcraft! I'm downloading it now. I just hope it takes advantage of the Storm UI and is not some hack to get it to mostly work.

NOTE: I had issues with the install. Make sure you completely uninstall both on the Destkop and Storm before installing the Beta or else the update is not properly install (it installs in "compatibility" mode)

I compared the text on the screen vs my SONY 505. About 2 pages of the storm equals one page of the PRS-505.
=X=

I've attached screen shots of the BB Storm.

P.S. Is the second image is the technical non-fiction books I'm always reading

Okay actually my daughter and I read together with our electronic book readers
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture15_53_18.jpg
Views:	847
Size:	38.9 KB
ID:	21814   Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture15_52_14.jpg
Views:	845
Size:	35.3 KB
ID:	21815  

Last edited by =X=; 01-20-2009 at 07:04 PM.
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-20-2009, 08:37 PM   #3
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
Awesome thanks wallcraft! I'm downloading it now. I just hope it takes advantage of the Storm UI and is not some hack to get it to mostly work.

NOTE: I had issues with the install. Make sure you completely uninstall both on the Destkop and Storm before installing the Beta or else the update is not properly install (it installs in "compatibility" mode)

I compared the text on the screen vs my SONY 505. About 2 pages of the storm equals one page of the PRS-505.
=X=

I've attached screen shots of the BB Storm.

P.S. Is the second image is the technical non-fiction books I'm always reading

Okay actually my daughter and I read together with our electronic book readers
Looks promising, someone needs to fill out the capabilities of this new version on the mobi comparison page in the wiki.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 11:01 PM   #4
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
Looks promising, someone needs to fill out the capabilities of this new version on the mobi comparison page in the wiki.

Dale
Do you have a link to the WIKI page. The only BlackBerry page I was about RIM?

=X=
Old 01-24-2009, 10:32 AM   #5
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
Do you have a link to the WIKI page. The only BlackBerry page I was about RIM?

=X=
https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Mobi_Comparison

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-24-2009, 04:17 PM   #6
=X=
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
Okay added. MobiPocket BlackBerry was already there, but I added a new entry since the Storm implementation is different from the other BlackBerry.

I also added two rows to the Library. Wireless Bookstore and Wireless Download

For those familiar with the other devices they might want to update the entry. I've already answered Yes for the Kindle
=X=