Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 01-18-2013, 01:36 PM   #35491
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
eegads! Baptists and Catholics cohabitating! What's next!
*grin* Heaven only knows, KK.
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 01:48 PM   #35492
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Molar is out - came out in one piece - bone graft in place - instead of putting in a stitch, he sealed it with a synthetic membrane that bonds to the tissues. Tasted like super glue but is an advanced acrylic. Little/no bleeding. Pain still controllable with Ibuprofen - but I did fill the Vicodin prescription for night time.

My first experience with nitrous oxide - they placed a nasal mask before beginning the local Novocain injections - was completely conscious but not stressed out.

Cats avoiding me - I must have a "clinical" smell around me.

I'm ordered complete rest today.

[Fortunately we only got a dusting of snow]
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 02:00 PM   #35493
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Good, it all came out okay.

It's just superglue. They just want to make it sound fancy and medical -- mostly so they can charge extra. They used it on my daughters recent surgical incisions.

Good Luck with the healing....

(I know there is more to come..)
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 03:45 PM   #35494
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Molar is out - came out in one piece - bone graft in place - instead of putting in a stitch, he sealed it with a synthetic membrane that bonds to the tissues. Tasted like super glue but is an advanced acrylic. Little/no bleeding. Pain still controllable with Ibuprofen - but I did fill the Vicodin prescription for night time.

My first experience with nitrous oxide - they placed a nasal mask before beginning the local Novocain injections - was completely conscious but not stressed out.
That's good to know! I just scheduled a gum enhancement for a week from now. They take some tissue (fat, he said, maybe?) from the inside roof of the mouth, and slice open & insert it into the gums below which aren't supporting the teeth. Probably not as traumatic as yours, but I also asked about the nitrous, and may go ahead and get it! Even though the insurance doesn't deem it necessary. [Heck, THEY aren't sitting in the chair!] Only supposed to take an hour, and I can drive home. I'll probably have the same superglue too.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 04:01 PM   #35495
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
If you get the nitrous, they may require you to have a driver. You aren't unconscious, but a little "woozy" afterwards. But boy - does it ever take the edge off sitting in that chair & listening to all the equipment noise & feeling all the tinkering in your mouth.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 04:02 PM   #35496
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
pooh - I am glad you were able to have the nitrous oxide to make it easier. I hope you don't need the Vicodin and it heals quickly.

Deb - good luck on your upcoming dental visit. I know friends that also take their earphones and player in so they can listen to music while the work is being done.

Right now, I am checking on when I can go in for my flu shot. Sometime this afternoon I was told.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 04:06 PM   #35497
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
If you get the nitrous, they may require you to have a driver. You aren't unconscious, but a little "woozy" afterwards.
I asked (well, I asked the receptionist/billing lady) and was told you come right out of it. In any case, I'll have my kindle there, so if I need to sit still for a while, I'll have a good book with me!
Quote:
But boy - does it ever take the edge off sitting in that chair & listening to all the equipment noise & feeling all the tinkering in your mouth.
That's the part I was worrying about .... you are making me more and more sure I should get the nitrous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post

Deb - good luck on your upcoming dental visit. I know friends that also take their earphones and player in so they can listen to music while the work is being done.
Oooh - that might be a good idea. I only use my ipod for cross country trips -- but this might be a GREAT time to use it.

Enjoy your flu shot! I got mine months ago, and I'm glad of it since it's such a bad flu year.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 04:34 PM   #35498
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
That's good to know! I just scheduled a gum enhancement for a week from now. They take some tissue (fat, he said, maybe?) from the inside roof of the mouth, and slice open & insert it into the gums below which aren't supporting the teeth. Probably not as traumatic as yours, but I also asked about the nitrous, and may go ahead and get it! Even though the insurance doesn't deem it necessary. [Heck, THEY aren't sitting in the chair!] Only supposed to take an hour, and I can drive home. I'll probably have the same superglue too.
Good Luck with your procedure!

Watch out for chickens crossing the road!
Old 01-18-2013, 07:19 PM   #35499
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Glad to hear that everything 'came out' OK!
SuperGlue is a wonderful surgical tool. From what I understand, that was its original intended purpose (for repairing detached retina?) which is why it bonds skin so quickly. I don't know if that's fact or rumor, but I keep a tube in my emergency first aid kit and use it often at home to fix little body problems. I was asked in the early '80's to smuggle some 'pharmaceutical grade' super glue from Canada for an American doctor friend, back in the 70's as its use in American medicine at the time was forbidden by the AMA. I'm glad to know that they have finally come to their senses.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 02:55 PM   #35500
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Getting ready for a film night. Last night I watched Prometheus, which I liked and I thought the ending was a reference to the Alien films. This made me realize that I've never seen any of the Alien films. Luckily, it's availbe for rent on the film channel of the holiday park, so I got a film card today and now I'm settling in to rectify this gap in my film education with some tea, nibbles, a block of cumin cheese and a parafin block in the fireplace.

It looks like I'm having a Ridley Scott week; I had planned on watching Blade Runner again but I'll do that tomorrow. And it's also a Sigourney Weaver week since earlier in the week I watched Political Animals (why no continuation, it was superb!?)
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 03:19 PM   #35501
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer netbook, JetBook Lite, Sony PRS-300, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelteazer View Post
Getting ready for a film night. Last night I watched Prometheus, which I liked and I thought the ending was a reference to the Alien films. This made me realize that I've never seen any of the Alien films. Luckily, it's availbe for rent on the film channel of the holiday park, so I got a film card today and now I'm settling in to rectify this gap in my film education with some tea, nibbles, a block of cumin cheese and a parafin block in the fireplace.

It looks like I'm having a Ridley Scott week; I had planned on watching Blade Runner again but I'll do that tomorrow. And it's also a Sigourney Weaver week since earlier in the week I watched Political Animals (why no continuation, it was superb!?)
I'm excited for you! The second film in that series, "Aliens, " is one of my favorite movies ever. I have seen it so many times, and quote from it often. Enjoy!
bjones6416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 07:33 PM   #35502
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
I guess I'm going to have to watch the Alien series. I've never seen any of them. But so many people talk about them being so enjoyable... I guess it's time to give in and see for myself.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 08:12 PM   #35503
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelteazer View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjones6416 View Post
I'm excited for you! The second film in that series, "Aliens, " is one of my favorite movies ever. I have seen it so many times, and quote from it often. Enjoy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
I guess I'm going to have to watch the Alien series. I've never seen any of them. But so many people talk about them being so enjoyable... I guess it's time to give in and see for myself.

Stitchawl
A brilliant series of films. I agree with Betty that #2 is the best. You have to watch them.

I have just finished watching Dredd, with Karl Urban in the title role. Unusually, you don't get to see his face through the whole movie, as he is wearing a helmet, which is true to the comics. Much, much better than the Stallone Dredd, which was a travesty, but it won't be to everyone's taste. Lots of violence and blood.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 08:34 PM   #35504
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
Experimental cooking, again. I wanted a fruit filled coffee cake. I don't think that's what I'm going to end up with, however.... LOL.
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 09:20 PM   #35505
kennyc

Cake pudding! Yea!

Last edited by kennyc; 01-19-2013 at 09:26 PM.

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?