Old 11-17-2012, 03:44 PM   #1
mit1987
mit1987 began at the beginning.

Device: Boox M92
Hey Guys! How to remove the internet connection form Boox M92

Hello
I have a M92 device.
But I don't want to use it to connect with the internet
I just want to read books not news on the website.
So, is there anyone can tell me how to remove the internet connection or wifi connection.
It seems that m92 is based on ANdroit. Therefore, relevant modifications shall be accessible.
Thank you

Nickmann
mit1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 03:51 PM   #2
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Wifi is switched on only when you browse the web and when you leave the web browser you may decide whether leave WiFi on or let it switch off.

So, if you will just read books, WiFi (and so internet) will be off.
Mono is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-17-2012, 03:55 PM   #3
mit1987

hi, thank you for your reply

I want to completely remove internet conection from the device.
I want to prevent me from reading news on the internet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mono View Post
Wifi is switched on only when you browse the web and when you leave the web browser you may decide whether leave WiFi on or let it switch off.

So, if you will just read books, WiFi (and so internet) will be off.
Old 11-17-2012, 06:50 PM   #4
dkef
Enthusiast
dkef began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M92
Maybe in a following firmware release there should be a separate wifi management screen, with global on-off, as in most smartphones/pads/computers.
dkef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 08:37 PM   #5
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by mit1987 View Post
hi, thank you for your reply

I want to completely remove internet conection from the device.
I want to prevent me from reading news on the internet
I see. Well browsing is not very exciting using m92. It might cure you. If not, it could be possible to open M92 and remove (forever) the circuitry. Also it could be possible to erase a driver or remove links to web browser.

Maybe some of Linux gurus could tell you what has to be deleted.

EDIT.
Addded missing not above.

Last edited by Mono; 11-18-2012 at 10:32 AM.
Mono is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-18-2012, 12:29 AM   #6
Kirith
schoolteacher
Kirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Onyx M92 +i62HD(m)+M92(m)x20+M90x13
you can install this firmware. It is from a device where there is no module Wi-Fi
http://www.onyx-international.com/up...e-20120723.zip
Kirith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 07:01 AM   #7
mit1987

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirith View Post
you can install this firmware. It is from a device where there is no module Wi-Fi
Thank you
Old 11-18-2012, 07:03 AM   #8
mit1987

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mono View Post
I see. Well browsing is very exciting using m92. It might cure you. If not, it could be possible to open M92 and remove (forever) the circuitry. Also it could be possible to erase a driver or remove links to web browser.

Maybe some of Linux gurus could tell you what has to be deleted.
yes, I think the Linux-based framework is possible to do that kind of thing
Old 11-18-2012, 07:04 AM   #9
mit1987

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirith View Post
but this means cannot update to the latest firmware...
Old 11-18-2012, 09:12 AM   #10
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
Quote:
but this means cannot update to the latest firmware...
Be careful, the common M92 are "international model", Booxtor said that the chineses firmware aren't for the international model. It could be working or not ...

I think the most elegant solution is to rename (or remove) from the firmwaire de wifi driver, before to patch the device.
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 01:28 PM   #11
mit1987

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy11 View Post
Be careful, the common M92 are "international model", Booxtor said that the chineses firmware aren't for the international model. It could be working or not ...

I think the most elegant solution is to rename (or remove) from the firmwaire de wifi driver, before to patch the device.

that is a good idea,
but how to achieve that?
Thanks
Old 11-21-2012, 04:23 AM   #12
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
Quote:
that is a good idea,
but how to achieve that?
Thanks
An access by SSH seems possible : https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=163826. I image,you can locate the driver and rename it.
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote