Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 07-21-2011, 05:40 PM   #1
rcrh
Enthusiast
rcrh began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Front cover only?

Does anyone make a cover/case that only covers the front of the Nook? I just don't understand buying a cover that almost DOUBLES the size of the great bit of hardware. I want to add as little bulk while still protecting the screen when I stick it in a bag or briefcase.

I think there was a cover like this for the original nook but I can't find one for the touch.

Thanks in advance.
rcrh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 05:46 PM   #2
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
an easel cover is the closet I can think of to what you are suggesting

http://gifts.barnesandnoble.com/Indu...9781616825386/
boswd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-21-2011, 07:07 PM   #3
rcrh
Enthusiast

I didn't see that one in my local B&N. Is it really any less bulky than the others?

Thanks.
Old 07-22-2011, 11:03 AM   #4
EldRick
Evangelist
EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!

Device: Aura H2O (i86, M96C, Mini&Glo, PRS-950, STR, K-Touch, K-DX, K-3)
No - it doubles the thickness of the NT.

I'd like a front-only cover too.
EldRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 11:27 AM   #5
rcrh
Enthusiast

Here's the really disappointing thing... my Nook, in a cover becomes BIGGER then my Sony PRS in it's cover. Truly sad.

I'm really looking for something like the covers on the new Ipad 2's. That would be great.
Advert
Old 07-23-2011, 02:19 AM   #6
EldRick
Evangelist
EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!

Device: Aura H2O (i86, M96C, Mini&Glo, PRS-950, STR, K-Touch, K-DX, K-3)
"...something like the covers on the new Ipad 2's"

Completely agree - that's a brilliant design - typical Apple.
EldRick is offline   Reply With Quote