Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-14-2010, 04:42 PM   #1
Brandon202000
Brandon202000 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Brandon202000 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Brandon202000 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Brandon202000 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Brandon202000 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Brandon202000 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Brandon202000 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Brandon202000 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Brandon202000 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Brandon202000 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Brandon202000 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: SONY
Unhappy Epub To RB Conversion Problem - Files From Both Calibre and Nuevomedia

Attached are two files converted to RB format. One was converted from epub to rb with Calibre; the other was converted from HTML to rb with Nuevomedia. I had done a file compare on two files and they are different. Naturally, the file preambles differed, but there were large sections of the file that did not match.

I posted the following at the problem originally:

I wonder if anyone can help. I planned to give my RCA eBook to a worthy friend along with the promise to make eBooks for her. I did this thinking it would be easy, given that Calibre offered an EPUB to RB convertion capability. I used it, only to discover that something was wrong with the RB format. Although the RB formatted eBook transfered to the reader and could be seen as a book title, no book was visible when opened, i.e., the page was blank. To see if there was a problem with the reader itself, I converted another book using the old Nuevomedia book creator; in this case the ebook "worked", i.e., it transfered, it's title was listed, and the book opened. Has anyone encountered this problem, and, if so, is there a solution?

Last edited by Brandon202000; 01-14-2010 at 04:45 PM.
Brandon202000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 06:46 PM   #2
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon202000 View Post
Attached are two files converted to RB format.
I'm not seeing them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon202000 View Post
I had done a file compare on two files and they are different. Naturally, the file preambles differed, but there were large sections of the file that did not match.
This could be a difference in the html included within the file. Calibre does some processing before it is converted to a (hopefully) compatible output.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 12:42 PM   #3
fiamele
fiamele began at the beginning.

Device: REB1100
Similar problem converting from pdf to rb with Calibre

Hello everyone.
I am having a similar problem converting from pdf to rb with Calibre.
I can download the file to my REB1100, and even see the file in the bookshelf, but when I open it, all I see is a blank screen.
Any idea where I could find a hint of what is going wrong?
Thank you.
Regards,
Fernanda.
fiamele is offline   Reply With Quote