Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 08-17-2013, 08:55 AM   #1
melmac
Wizard
melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS650, Sony T3
Free extra Gig with Dropbox and IOS

Dropbox is offering 1GB extra space for installing mailbox on your IOS devise and registering.

Instructions
1. Install Mailbox
2. Log into Gmail account via Mailbox app.
3. Link your Dropbox account.
4. Verify that 1GB was added by logging into your Dropbox account.

If you are new to dropbox and are going to sign up please consider using my referral link that way we both get a extra 500B. My referral link - http://db.tt/CmQnBXj6

Deal found with thanks to utkarshgoel from the ozbargains website

Last edited by melmac; 08-17-2013 at 11:10 AM.
melmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 10:59 AM   #2
Synamon
Lunatic
Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite and Keyboard, Kobo Aura, iPad mini, iPod Touch
Thanks! The link for Dropbox is under Settings in Mailbox if anyone is looking for it. I was able to link to both mine and my husband's Dropbox from Mailbox on my iPod Touch to get an extra 1 GB in each account.
Synamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 03:18 PM   #3
Kaysclie
Addict
Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Forma, Aura One,Ipad Pro 10.5, Oasis 3
Question

[QUOTE=melmac;2596551]Dropbox is offering 1GB extra space for installing mailbox on your IOS devise and registering.

1 extra gig does sound inviting, but just what is this mailbox and what is the advantage of having it in our dropbox account?
Kaysclie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 08:59 PM   #4
Synamon
Lunatic
Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite and Keyboard, Kobo Aura, iPad mini, iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaysclie View Post
1 extra gig does sound inviting, but just what is this mailbox and what is the advantage of having it in our dropbox account?
It's a email management app which uses swipes to process your gmail with the goal of keeping your inbox at zero. I have no idea what the link to Dropbox is about, but really who cares? I uninstalled Mailbox right after I got the extra space.
Synamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 10:06 AM   #5
wayne2612
Enthusiast
wayne2612 has become one with the cosmoswayne2612 has become one with the cosmoswayne2612 has become one with the cosmoswayne2612 has become one with the cosmoswayne2612 has become one with the cosmoswayne2612 has become one with the cosmoswayne2612 has become one with the cosmoswayne2612 has become one with the cosmoswayne2612 has become one with the cosmoswayne2612 has become one with the cosmoswayne2612 has become one with the cosmos

Device: Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, iPhone 6, iPad 3, MacBook Pro with Retina
thanks for the info
wayne2612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 10:16 AM   #6
FourGold
Opinionated
FourGold will become famous soon enoughFourGold will become famous soon enoughFourGold will become famous soon enoughFourGold will become famous soon enoughFourGold will become famous soon enoughFourGold will become famous soon enough

Device: Pixel 7,Kindle Oasis,Fire 8
Thanks for posting this,Melmac! And Dropbox is doing this ,I assume to promote Mailbox( which they bought). I find Mailbox useful because I like my inbox empty
FourGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 11:27 AM   #7
twowheels
Wizard
twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, iPad Pro 10", iPhone 15 Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synamon View Post
It's a email management app which uses swipes to process your gmail with the goal of keeping your inbox at zero. I have no idea what the link to Dropbox is about, but really who cares? I uninstalled Mailbox right after I got the extra space.
But gmail already has amazing mail management tools making it very easy to maintain an empty mailbox -- especially if you learn the keyboard shortcuts on the desktop. Mine's always near empty, other than a few todo items.
twowheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 11:48 AM   #8
sakura-panda
Guru
sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2017 10.5" iPad Pro (Kobo, NOOK, Kindle, Google Play Books & Scribd)
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheels View Post
But gmail already has amazing mail management tools making it very easy to maintain an empty mailbox -- especially if you learn the keyboard shortcuts on the desktop. Mine's always near empty, other than a few todo items.
Yes, but GMail on mobile devices is more cumbersome and difficult to manage. Mailbox is supposed to make it easier to use on smartphones and tablets.

I personally manage GMail on my computer, even though my reason for having a smartphone is so that I can manage my email when I'm away from my computer. On my phone, I end up having to either go through my email twice -- once on the phone and once on the computer -- or go through it Very Slowly on the phone and not get through it all.

Mailbox is supposed to make GMail management on the phone just as easy and quick as it is on the desktop.

I have been interested in checking out Mailbox and this is a good incentive to give it a shot. Thanks!
sakura-panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 04:49 PM   #9
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
As near as I can tell, it doesn't support labels (other than it's own), so I find it pretty near useless.

not sure how it is supposed to clear out my inbox, either. Especially since I can't apply a label to anything or see the new items in the sub-inboxes I have set up.

so, will be deleted now that I have my 1G free space.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 06:19 PM   #10
detayls
Addict
detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, iPhone, Kindle Voyage
Thanks!

It worked like a charm.
detayls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 06:58 PM   #11
GlenBarrington
Cheese Whiz
GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Tab A 10.1(2019), Pixel 6a.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sakura-panda View Post
Yes, but GMail on mobile devices is more cumbersome and difficult to manage. Mailbox is supposed to make it easier to use on smartphones and tablets.
What sort of phone do you have? I don't find my email all that cumbersome to manage from my Droid Bionic.
GlenBarrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 09:18 PM   #12
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlenBarrington View Post
What sort of phone do you have? I don't find my email all that cumbersome to manage from my Droid Bionic.
I agree. You can either use the gmail app built in or the website (which I sometimes prefer).
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 11:08 PM   #13
twowheels
Wizard
twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, iPad Pro 10", iPhone 15 Pro
Quote:
I find the iOS gmail app to be quite good as well.
twowheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 10:53 AM   #14
hwlester
Wizard
hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1, Kindle Touch, misc. Android devices, Nook HD+
Quote:
Plus the recent changes that Google has made with Gmail (both the web and Android app) to help reduce clutter of social networks and promotional emails help tremendously.
hwlester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 12:28 PM   #15
sakura-panda
Guru
sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2017 10.5" iPad Pro (Kobo, NOOK, Kindle, Google Play Books & Scribd)
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
I agree. You can either use the gmail app built in or the website (which I sometimes prefer).
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheels View Post
I find the iOS gmail app to be quite good as well.
I can't create new labels, I can't get to a label when I'm inside of an email that has that label, I can't get to search from inside of an email, and I can't do anything with my mail when I'm disconnected from wi-fi.

I don't like the mobile website because it marks the top email as read and I use unread messages as a way to minimally manage my inbox.

Gosh, I'm really whiny.

It is not unusable, just more time consuming and persnickety than I want it to be. I don't expect Mailbox is any better, but it doesn't make me any less curious about it.

I'm using an iPhone 5 with the iOS GMail app. It is not as good as the Android one (that I had a year ago), but it is significantly better (for me) than the native mail app.
sakura-panda is offline   Reply With Quote