Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-03-2012, 11:49 AM   #1
amiri
amiri began at the beginning.

Device: Sony,PRST-1
Only the title of the book is transferred

Hello everyone: I am new and I am not sure if am at the right place.
I have quite a few problems and am hoping someone could kindly help me.
No matter what I do none of my books get correctly converted in Calibre. These books are in My Documents. I have copied and pasted them there from Project Gutenberg or Audiobooks. The books are added all right in Calibre Library but when I send them to device they show they are transferred but when I check them in the reader, only the tile is there.Moe ever, the reader recently says "Application Home Manager stopped unexpectedly". Any help will greatly be appreciated.amiri
amiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:54 AM   #2
bla
E bookworm
bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T1,Android Tablet, I phone
"The application Manager thingy is just an Android message and happens occasionally it's kinda equivalent to the windoze blue screen of death... would suggest that if the title shows up then the book has been transferred but for some reason the device is not recognizing ithem On the face of it and based on the info provided I would suggest the problemi s with your calibre settings check them carefully and make sure calibre is recognizing and connecting to the device but do a soft reset (paperclip) on the device as well. Have you tried just dragging/dropping the books to the reader not using calibre? If that works then the problem is certainly with your calibre settings. let us know how you make out ....
bla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:24 PM   #3
filmo
Wizard
filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony T1, Kobo Mini
You can right click on Calibre Preference icon and select "Run welcome wizard" or left click on Preference Icon then on Preference Page click on "Run welcome wizard" in bottom right corner. Select Sony then "all other Sony devices".

Calibre recognize what e-reader is connected but does not auto change settings for a different e-reader. I have to run the welcome wizard when I change e-reader from Sony to Kobo and back to Sony. Otherwise there are problems with books I put on my e-readers Calibre.
filmo is offline   Reply With Quote