Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 06-19-2012, 10:13 AM   #631
rfog
Guru
rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots of eInk devices and iOS stuff
Quote:
Originally Posted by eMole View Post
Error in ImportEpubDocument.cpp:
line:
if ( codeBase.length()>0 && codeBase.lastChar()!='/' )
codeBase.append(1, L'/');

is platform dependent (does not work on Windows).

(I know this is an Android thread, but Buggins might read this one)
if that codeBase is a string representing a file name, Windows understands / as directory separator due it's Posix compatibility layer.
rfog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 10:41 AM   #632
eMole
Zealot
eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Touch HD, PocketBook Era
The above code appends an unnecessary slash after a backslash, too, confusing code further on. The end result is there's no TOC displayed for many ePubs (where the content is zipped in the root, without subfolders). Solution: watch out for backslash too, not just forwardslash.
eMole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 12:08 PM   #633
Mastiff
Viking proof reader
Mastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowMastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowMastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowMastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowMastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowMastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowMastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowMastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowMastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowMastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowMastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day now

Device: Onyx Boox Max 3
Is it possible to stop Cool Reader from starting in "Recent books"? I read new stuff every day, and that means that I always get one page with only the Cool Reader Manual and have to go back from Recent books and then into the SD Card. In fact I'd love it if I could start in a directory of my own choice. So is that possible? Thanks in advance!
Mastiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 01:53 AM   #634
eMole
Zealot
eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

An ePub CSS support question:
Are multiple classes within one attribute supposed to work?
Like <p class="bold italic">
Old 07-03-2012, 12:09 AM   #635
Rand Brittain
Bookmaker
Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Opus
Well, adding "body {page-break-before: always;}" to the epub.css has stopped CoolReader from displaying the book as a single chapter even in paged mode, so that's nice.

I still haven't found a way to get the top-margin working on the first item in a given section of the epub, though. That always seems to wind up with no margin. Has this even gotten accepted as a bug? I know I've filed an issue in the past.
Rand Brittain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 12:47 AM   #636
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rand Brittain View Post
Has this even gotten accepted as a bug? I know I've filed an issue in the past.
To check if your bug report has been accepted you can check the bug tracker where you are supposed to file CoolReader bugs here
Dave_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 01:33 AM   #637
eMole
Zealot

You might want to tinker with fb2.css as well. Looks like it gets loaded before anything regardless the book format.
I think customization issues with those css files are not considered bugs. I could solve two issues I considered bugs just by setting a few lines in epub.css to Web defaults.
Old 07-03-2012, 03:45 AM   #638
Rand Brittain
Bookmaker
Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hm, I don't think I have an fb2.css file. What things could I put in one that might fix the problem?
Old 07-03-2012, 10:11 AM   #639
eMole
Zealot

Not sure what you mean by that top-margin issue.
If you mean page breaks are omitted after h1, h2, h3, try the following in your epub.css:
h1, h2, h3, .title, .title1, .title2, .title3 {
page-break-before: auto;
page-break-inside: avoid;
page-break-after: auto;
}
Old 07-03-2012, 02:28 PM   #640
Rand Brittain
Bookmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by eMole View Post
Not sure what you mean by that top-margin issue.
If you mean page breaks are omitted after h1, h2, h3, try the following in your epub.css:
h1, h2, h3, .title, .title1, .title2, .title3 {
page-break-before: auto;
page-break-inside: avoid;
page-break-after: auto;
}
No, I mean that whenever there's a page break inside the epub, like, say, because I've moved from one xhtml document inside the epub to the next, the first item has no margin-top, even when it should.
Old 07-04-2012, 09:36 PM   #641
camper120
camper120 began at the beginning.

Device: none
RTL on Android using Cool Reader

I like the prog and I wonder if there is a way to read right to left (RTL) using this reader. The reader shows the ePub file fine (after I added a few Hebrew fonts) but the direction is wrong.

I wonder if there is a way, some setting, to direct the reader to RTL. I know Moon+ can do it but I'd rather stay with Cool Reader.

camper120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 10:42 AM   #642
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
New a version of cooreader is out it mostly has gui improvements from what I can tell

http://sourceforge.net/projects/cren...er3/cr3-3.1.0/
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 03:10 AM   #643
naisren
Enthusiast
naisren began at the beginning.

Device: ppc
please support Chinese characters selection

I spent a lot of time to compare cool reader with other ebook readers, and found it is way ahead to others.
With epub format support, it beats others.
For English or Russian text selection, cool reader is excellent too.
But for a Chinese learner, I find it is very difficult to choose two more Chinese characters, the selection helper bar at bottom does work but differently from En or Ru articles, the bar refuses to help select charaters, and just selects paragraph by paragraph.
For example here, I want to choose "山水" to look up, but at any attempt, I could select only one character "山" or "水".
naisren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 11:19 PM   #644
ncguy68
Enthusiast
ncguy68 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ncguy68 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ncguy68 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ncguy68 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ncguy68 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ncguy68 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ncguy68 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ncguy68 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ncguy68 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ncguy68 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ncguy68 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet, Asus TF300, Nexus 7
Is there a way to change where books are saved when imported using the Calibre File Server vias OPDS? By default it saves books in sdcard/books and it saves them into sub folders. I would like to save books in a different location and not use sub folders. Is this possible?
ncguy68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 10:58 PM   #645
citac
Fanatic
citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lenovo Yoga Tab 2 (Android)
And I was pleasantly surprised by finding I can mark a book as reading, finished etc. as I often reread my books and keep them on my reader. I was actually going to ask if we can add a tag to a book by long-press? Is there such an option I might have missed?
citac is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cool reader, fb2 epub rtf chm fbreader