Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-31-2012, 04:45 PM   #1
kblair210
Enthusiast
kblair210 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis
CM7 SD Root Question (Partitions/Locations)

So I previously had my NC rooted on the nook itself at v1.1 and decided I wanted some of the new features of B&N's 1.4. I went through and restored my NC to stock, updated it to the newest version and all is well.

I then decided to do the CM7 root on an SD card and I've got that working as well. I'm using a 16gb SD card and it boots fine. I've got the google apps working, installed some free apps from the app store, all is well.

One thing I'm wanting to use it MoonReader+ and I've got it installed just fine but I don't know where to store my books for it to use since the only partition on my SD card I can see is the ~100 mb partition from the generic disk image boot partition of the root I did. If I load disk management in Windows I can see there are 3 additional partitions (463 mb, 965 mb and 13 gb) but Windows (7) is incapable of reading or doing anything with them.

So questions:
1. How do I access these partitions to copy my collection of books for importing (and storing) into MoonReader+? Also, which of these partitions would be the correct one? (I'm assuming/hoping it's the 13gb one)

2. How and where would I copy my previous apps (APK's) to on my SD card for installing? I had several apps I'd like to get back by just copying over or installing manually.

ADB installation was not part of the generic root I did (green 1.3 / CM 7.1.0 encore). Are there other steps I need to take or some way to get to the proper area for storing my stuff?

Thank you in advance.
kblair210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 05:15 PM   #2
kblair210
Enthusiast
kblair210 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis
So I've discovered that the /sdcard location is the large (13gb) space on my SD card and I was able to launch a Linux virtual machine and access it.

From there I copied some books over to this location and was able to import them into MoonReader+. I was also able to copy my APK files to a temp location there and install them via the the default file manager by selecting them.

Thought about deleting this thread, but thought perhaps it will help someone going forward. Feel free to tell me otherwise..

Last edited by kblair210; 01-31-2012 at 05:17 PM.
kblair210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 07:58 PM   #3
wgwood
Camping Fool
wgwood can name that song in three noteswgwood can name that song in three noteswgwood can name that song in three noteswgwood can name that song in three noteswgwood can name that song in three noteswgwood can name that song in three noteswgwood can name that song in three noteswgwood can name that song in three noteswgwood can name that song in three noteswgwood can name that song in three noteswgwood can name that song in three notes

Device: Nook STR, Nook Color w/CM 7.2
How I get access to my large sd data partition

I get access to the extra storage on my 32gb card by connecting the nook to the computer and enabling usb mode. Both partitions show up in "my computer".

I have added my main data folders of audiobooks, ebooks, music, and video in there. I only have 15gb's left. I prefer to use the other storage locations for apps.

Mortplayer for Music and Mortplayer for audiobooks can be pointed to the sd/emmc folder where these files are found.

Cool Reader can also find these files. Alkido could not.

MX Video also had no problem finding the video files.

I use Nook Color Tweaks and set my clock steps at 300, 600, 800, 1100, and 1200 mhz. You then have to go into settings/cyanogenmod settings/performance/cpu settings/ and set the min cpu frquency to 300 and the max to 1200.

Stock speed is 800 and I believe cm 7.1 is 925. My little tablet is very speedy now and completely stable.

Regards,
Greg

Last edited by wgwood; 02-01-2012 at 08:02 PM.
wgwood is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cm7, nookcolor, partition, root, sdcard