Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 06-28-2011, 06:49 PM   #1
DB&C
DB&C began at the beginning.

Device: none
Question Using Itunes Producer 2.4

I have successfully created an EPub and upon trying to deliver to Itunes, I keep receiving this error message. I think this has something to do with my book cover art, but am not sure. Can anyone help me?? Thank you in advance...
ERROR ITMS-9000: "OEBPS/My Name.xhtml(884): non-standard image resource 'OEBPS/images/Angel with Sword.eps' of type 'application/postscript'" at Book (MZItmspBookPackage)

Last edited by DB&C; 06-28-2011 at 06:49 PM. Reason: name removal
DB&C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 05:07 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
This has nothing whatsoever to do with uploading files to the MobileRead book library. Moved to the ePub forum.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-29-2011, 09:55 AM   #3
pholy
Booklegger
pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook(1 & 2010), PEZ, PRS-505, Kobo BT, PRS-T1, Playbook, Kobo Touch
From the OPS 2.0.1 Specification:
Quote:
2.3.4: img Element

The inline element img should only be used to refer to images with OPS Core Media Types of GIF (http://www.w3.org/Graphics/GIF/spec-gif89a.txt), PNG (RFC 2083), JPG/JFIF (http://www.w3.org/Graphics/JPEG) or SVG (http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG11/). The required URI attribute, src, is used to reference the image resource, which must be listed in the Manifest.
An eps file is not allowed as an image type. You'll have to import it with Photoshop or Gimp and export it as one of the allowed types above. You may need to resize it for iBook use, of course.
pholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 01:35 PM   #4
st_albert
Guru
st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'

Also, although this has nothing to do with the original error, I would be wary of using filenames (within the epub) that have spaces in them.
st_albert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 02:29 PM   #5
DB&C
DB&C began at the beginning.

Thank you so much for your help.
DB&C is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert