Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 12-04-2008, 09:00 AM   #1
revfish
The Pastor of Disaster
revfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-books

Device: Sony PRS-650, Apple iPad 3 64GB Wifi
Sony PRS-505/SC $199 at BestBuy.com

Best Buy's website has the Sony PRS-505 on sale for $199.99. IT is only in silver but it made for a great deal. I ordered one for my sister-in-law for her holiday present. Sadly, they are currently on back order, but hopefully they will be in stock soon. If you are not in a hurry and want a good deal on a 505, this might be it.
revfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 12:13 PM   #2
Nake
Nake began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505
I snagged this deal on Sunday and according to UPS tracking it will arrive tomorrow. My first electronic book, I'm looking forward to loading it up for the cruise vacation we're taking over the holidays.
Nake is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-04-2008, 02:10 PM   #3
aru
Likes to read on e-ink
aru is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle DX
Sold Out ...
aru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 02:46 PM   #4
ChipnDale
Rescue Rangers
ChipnDale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChipnDale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChipnDale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChipnDale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChipnDale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChipnDale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChipnDale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChipnDale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChipnDale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChipnDale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChipnDale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad
Fish cakes!
ChipnDale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 03:30 PM   #5
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650. Kobo Touch, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipnDale View Post
Fish cakes!
Tod Mun yuuummmmm!!!
Donnageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-04-2008, 03:51 PM   #6
xanlexian
Connoisseur
xanlexian began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505 / Nook GL / Kindle 3
Sold out, but on back order. I've had my PRS-505 for a little over a week now, my wife loves it so much, she went ahead and purchased it from the bestbuy.com site.

$199? Heck, you can't beat that price. She wanted a red one (I've got the dark blue) -- but silver is all they had. She'll be applying a skin to it.

Again, even with a 1-2 week delay in shipping -- $199??!! I paid $260 for mine and I still think I got a great deal!!

Oh, and $15 tax. Free shipping. Still a fantastic price.

Fish cakes ROCK!!
xanlexian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 04:37 PM   #7
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
I got mine for $170 last January as it was a window display from Christmas. And it works great. But that was dumb luck. Since I hadn't got one for Christmas, I decided to treat myself and walked into the Sony Store prepared to pay full price.

$199 is a damn good deal too. You can buy two 505's for the price of a 700.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 08:42 PM   #8
adixon
adixon began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
They're sold out online. I thought I could pick up another and save my husband $100 that could be used for book purchases.
adixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 05:56 AM   #9
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by adixon View Post
They're sold out online. I thought I could pick up another and save my husband $100 that could be used for book purchases.
I'm waiting for 3rd party vendors to offer the Sony 700 at a discount. (Plus, I'll need to return to the U.S. in order to authorize the new Reader....argghgghghg!)

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 09:19 AM   #10
revfish
The Pastor of Disaster
revfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-books

Device: Sony PRS-650, Apple iPad 3 64GB Wifi
And the suckage begins.

I just got an email that the order I placed had been cancelled. I was kind of counting on that for a present. Now I have to either find another one almost as cheap or buck it up and pay the full $300 to buy it in store.
revfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 09:45 AM   #11
stxopher
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by revfish View Post
And the suckage begins.

I just got an email that the order I placed had been cancelled. I was kind of counting on that for a present. Now I have to either find another one almost as cheap or buck it up and pay the full $300 to buy it in store.
Good luck with that. The stores here are out too. Was talking to one of the managers trying to get an idea when the next orders would come in and she said she honestly didn't know. They were all told that they would be lucky to sell any of them this year. After all, they are just a niche item, WAY overpriced and no one really wants them except for a very small group of the reading populace.

(And yet they keep selling out of them every month and STILL can't figure out why.)
Old 12-09-2008, 12:44 PM   #12
xanlexian
Connoisseur
xanlexian began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505 / Nook GL / Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by revfish View Post
And the suckage begins.

My wife just got the same email. Canceled her order. She called me to notify me that I'll end up just having to live without mine.
xanlexian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 12:50 AM   #13
Nake
Nake began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505
I received my PRS-505 from the $199 Best Buy deal last week -- I have to say it's an amazing little device. I purchased an after-market hardshell zipper case for it which doesn't add much to the bulk but seems like it will do a great job protecting what I've read is a fragile screen. All the better, looking forward to taking the books I've purchased and downloaded to it on my holiday cruise next week. I'm gushing to everyone I know about this device, it's fantastic.
Nake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 08:01 AM   #14
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nake View Post
I received my PRS-505 from the $199 Best Buy deal last week -- I have to say it's an amazing little device. I purchased an after-market hardshell zipper case for it which doesn't add much to the bulk but seems like it will do a great job protecting what I've read is a fragile screen. All the better, looking forward to taking the books I've purchased and downloaded to it on my holiday cruise next week. I'm gushing to everyone I know about this device, it's fantastic.
You are going to grow to love your 505. I am never without mine.

You might consider getting the AC adapter as that charges up your reader in just two hours (vice four hours using the USB connector). And you can read on it while it is charging.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 08:10 AM   #15
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
If Best Buy said they had the 505 for $199 in stock on their website when you ordered it, call them and complain and if they won't honor the purchase, take them to court.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote