Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-15-2013, 07:12 PM   #1
heedarmy
heedarmy began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo mini
a question please

Hello

How can i reada synopsis of a book on the kobo?

how many book can you get in total on the kobo?

and here is the daft one

if i buy a book on my laptop do i need to connect the kobo to transfer the book?
heedarmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:38 PM   #2
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by heedarmy View Post
Hello

and here is the daft one

if i buy a book on my laptop do i need to connect the kobo to transfer the book?
You can get a synopsis (some really don't tell you much) when browsing the store on the Kobo itself or (the easier way) on the Kobo website on your laptop/desktop.

How many books: not sure what the actual # is (and using an microSD card becomes much bigger number) and books with a large file size due to pictures etc. also influences it, but in the 1000's anyway. Browsing to find the book you are looking for is likely the bigger limiting factor on this.

If you buy the book from Kobo then you can sync your device wirelessly and and get the book onto your Kobo without hooking it to the computer. You can also get non-DRM'ed epubs (i.e. from Project Gutenberg) directly downloaded via the browser on the Kobo. HOWEVER, Adobde DRM protected epubs (.ascm extension) have to be downloaded to your computer (typically into Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) software) and then put onto your Kobo via USB cord link.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-15-2013, 07:46 PM   #3
heedarmy
heedarmy began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo mini
thank you
heedarmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:50 PM   #4
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
Quote:
Originally Posted by heedarmy View Post
Hello

and here is the daft one

In the library, tap on the three horizontal lines next to the book listing and then "view details"... Or long press instead on the listing itself and then tap" view details". My books are all loaded from Calibre and all have the info since I ensure my metadata is complete in Calibre before any book is loaded onto my reader.
I have 1259 of 1345 MB available with 90 books on my Mini (all epubs, no pdfs)

Last edited by Cdesja5; 01-15-2013 at 09:02 PM. Reason: Davidfor is right, doesn't work from home screen (I was answering from memory and my memory's not so good.!
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:10 PM   #5
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdesja5 View Post
If you long-press a book cover on your home screen you should see the synopsis if one exists. Or, in the library, tap on the three horizontal lines next to the book listing and then "view details"... Or long press instead on the listing itself and then tap" view details".
The first one doesn't work for me. The others do. I didn't know about the long press in the library list.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert