Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Marvin

Notices

Old 03-25-2015, 02:20 PM   #1
twicefivemiles
twicefivemiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twicefivemiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twicefivemiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twicefivemiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twicefivemiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twicefivemiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twicefivemiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twicefivemiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twicefivemiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twicefivemiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twicefivemiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 10, iPad Air 2, Galaxy Tab 8, iPhone 5, Nexus 5
Marvin on Air 2 - Issues

I've used Marvin extensively on my iPad 2 (basically it was a glorified ereader) and never noticed the app being a particular battery drain.

But I was just upgraded at work to an iPad Air 2 and holy crap. I had noticed the battery was not lasting as long as the old tablet which is weird. For instance, I read for about an hour at lunch, running only Marvin. I started at 42% and at the end of the hour I had only 20%. Looking at battery usage, I see Marvin is at a whopping 86% of my usage.

I get that if it's the thing I use the most, it will be using the battery charge the most, but to see such a difference in devices I thought I should bring it up as potential issue.

Secondly, the badge progress option does not work on the Air 2 running iOS 8.2.
twicefivemiles is offline   Reply With Quote