Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 07-20-2011, 04:17 PM   #1
tekline
tekline began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Smile Kindle Writer Launched Ahead of Schedule

Kindle Writer the first software of its kind specifically designed for authors, novices and professionals alike, to write books for the Kindle, was launched a day ahead of schedule and already it has become popular with the first sales already made.

Advert deleted - Moderator

To download the 30 day trial go to

http://www.kindlewriter.co.uk/buy.htm

Why not have a go?

Last edited by Nate the great; 07-20-2011 at 08:23 PM.
tekline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 04:53 PM   #2
luqmaninbmore
Da'i
luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Toshiba Thrive, Kobo Touch, Kindle 1, Aluratek Libre, T-Mobile Comet
Are advertisements permitted on Mobileread?
luqmaninbmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-20-2011, 08:22 PM   #3
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by luqmaninbmore View Post
Are advertisements permitted on Mobileread?
If he didn't post it, I would have to. This app is worth discussing.

I'm playing with it now, and it's pretty decent. I'm not sure it's worth paying for but it is worth playing around with.

Last edited by Nate the great; 07-20-2011 at 08:38 PM.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 01:36 PM   #4
misling
Zealot
misling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.misling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.misling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.misling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.misling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.misling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.misling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.misling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.misling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.misling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.misling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Can you load existing azw (non-drm) into it to edit? I'd like an easier utility to clean up some of my public domain azws.
Though in most cases it's easier to just find it on gutenberg or manybooks instead...
misling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 02:14 PM   #5
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
You will need to download Kindle for PC, a free application from Amazon, for proofing books generated by Kindle Writer before publishing to Kindle Direct Publishing.
It would make more sense to recommend using Kindle Previewer for proofing than using K4PC IMO.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-21-2011, 03:46 PM   #6
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by misling View Post
Can you load existing azw (non-drm) into it to edit? I'd like an easier utility to clean up some of my public domain azws.
Though in most cases it's easier to just find it on gutenberg or manybooks instead...
No, it looks like you can just create new ebooks, not edit existing ebooks.
Old 07-21-2011, 06:02 PM   #7
dwig
Wizard
dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Current:Surface Go & Kindle 3 - Retired: DellV8p, Clie UX50, ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
It would make more sense to recommend using Kindle Previewer for proofing than using K4PC IMO.
Correct. Proofing in any of the "Kindle for ..." apps is good, but only for books being read in those apps.

To preview the appearance in the Kindle device you should use Kindle Previewer. If you use only one application for previewing it should only be Kindle Previewer: http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.htm...cId=1000234621
dwig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 09:27 AM   #8
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

I've tried it. My Opinion: wait for the next version.

http://www.the-digital-reader.com/20...kindle-writer/
Old 07-24-2011, 02:10 PM   #9
linux_author
Connoisseur
linux_author makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanelinux_author makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanelinux_author makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanelinux_author makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanelinux_author makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanelinux_author makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanelinux_author makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanelinux_author makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanelinux_author makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanelinux_author makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanelinux_author makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: Nook Touch, N800
please tell me why i should have to pay for a utility to create an ebook for any publisher?
linux_author is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 05:22 PM   #10
jaxsnop
Enthusiast
jaxsnop began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by linux_author View Post
please tell me why i should have to pay for a utility to create an ebook for any publisher?
Maybe you're a traditional writer and the new technologies are not very with you. It could be a simple example.
jaxsnop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 12:38 PM   #11
tekline

Smile Re: Review of Kindle Writer

Take a look at the software developer's response

http://www.kindlewriter.co.uk/review-kindle.htm
Old 07-26-2011, 11:58 PM   #12
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekline View Post
Take a look at the software developer's response

http://www.kindlewriter.co.uk/review-kindle.htm
I knew he was going to respond, but yikes!
Old 07-27-2011, 12:57 AM   #13
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
I knew he was going to respond, but yikes!
I think the review was reviewed!

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 08:32 AM   #14
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
I think the review was reviewed!

Dale
Yep. That was a first for me.
Old 07-27-2011, 03:34 PM   #15
tekline

Greetings to all and especially Nate for his review.

I did not mean to give the impression of "reviewing a review" but I needed to clarify some issues related to Kindle Writer that were deemed of no consequence and not mentioned, but were nonetheless, in my view, important. I also felt that I should give my views upon MobiPocket creator, which although a good program is not without its faults. Even so I did provide a download link for MobiPocket Creator on the review page so that if people wanted to try it out they could.

A couple of people here have suggested that Kindle Previewer should be used for previewing Kindle books rather that Kindle for PC. Kindle Writer can do both! I have explained in the following link how easily this can be done, with no change to the Kindle Writer software. I leave the choice as to which program to view books generated by Kindle Writer to the user of my software.

The link is here

http://www.kindlewriter.co.uk/associate.htm

Finally, I wish to thank Nate for his advice through our communications and review - much of which I have noted for further improvements for Kindle Writer. We may differ on some areas it is true but your review was invaluable and I appreciate the time and effort you put aside to test my program.

Last edited by tekline; 07-27-2011 at 03:37 PM.

Tags
kindle 3, kindle writer, write a ebook