Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-28-2015, 10:52 PM   #16
zfu
zfu began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle4, KT2
Update some pictures.

Full screen show charactors.

The script after eips -c.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1143.JPG
Views:	1006
Size:	109.8 KB
ID:	137705   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1144.JPG
Views:	682
Size:	42.9 KB
ID:	137706  
zfu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 07:20 AM   #17
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@zfu: Fantastic, thank you .

That confirms that eips behaves like on newer devices, and uses the virtual xres. (i.e., 608).

That also means that some messages will probably end up being cut-off, because a character block occupies a significantly greater space than on other devices, but, oh, well...
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-29-2015, 08:32 AM   #18
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
@zfu: Thanks for you help.

Do you know if there is any interest in your country in getting some of our add-ins translated into Chinese?

With the apparent lack of continued development in the Doukan project, translating our KOReader project would be a good choice.

I am sure you know that all of the sources for our KOReader project are maintained in a public repository (and that it supports more than just the Kindle devices).
Our only charge for its use is the courtesy of "credit where credit is due".

- - - - -

I am not one of the operators/owners of Mobileread -
but they might be interested in adding a Chinese language forum here if there are enough users interested.
Mobileread does have non-English forums in other languages already (German, French, Spanish).

Last edited by knc1; 04-29-2015 at 08:41 AM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 08:50 AM   #19
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@knc1: No effort needed .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 08:53 AM   #20
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks!
That is nice to know.

Maybe the Chinese will join us in this and other projects.
Advert
Old 04-29-2015, 11:15 AM   #21
zfu

@knc1
This wonderful MobileRead forum seems block by GFW v..v. I can only access it with a VPN.
Old 04-29-2015, 12:06 PM   #22
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by zfu View Post
@knc1
This wonderful MobileRead forum seems block by GFW v..v. I can only access it with a VPN.
Phooey.
We can't do much about world politics.

Have you tried any of the (many) Asian proxy servers (either free or paid)?

I sometimes have to change my browser proxy settings to use one of them to access company web-sites in your country.

Hmm....
Maybe they have the listings of proxy servers blocked also. (Duh).
So you might have to use your VPN just to see the listings.

Here is one listing I pick from when in-bound to China:
http://www.xroxy.com/proxy-country-CN.htm

And here is one that I haven't used, but reads like it is for out-bound from China:
http://www.china-proxy.org/

And this one sounds good also:
http://www.proxynova.com/proxy-server-list/country-cn/

There are a lot of such listings - if you can reach them.
The ones operating in Singapore seem to work the best that I have found (Singapore is served by several of the major i'net backbones).

Last edited by knc1; 04-29-2015 at 12:12 PM.
Old 05-04-2015, 03:44 AM   #23
geansea
geansea began at the beginning.

Device: KT2
Forums can be visited in China without VPN.
While images from s.mobileread.com cannot be loaded, as well as CSS.
Luckily Human Verification is available, so I can replay...
geansea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 04:35 AM   #24
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by geansea View Post
Forums can be visited in China without VPN.
While images from s.mobileread.com cannot be loaded, as well as CSS.
Luckily Human Verification is available, so I can replay...
That may already be solved.

Instead of using the desktop link:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=150

Try using the mobile device link:
http://www.mobileread.mobi/forums/fo...play.php?f=150

That is, replace *.com with *.mobi
See what the GFW makes of that.

(It should look very similar to "text only" html.)

Last edited by knc1; 05-04-2015 at 04:38 AM.
Old 05-04-2015, 05:19 AM   #25
geansea

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
That may already be solved.
Instead of using the desktop link:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=150
Try using the mobile device link:
http://www.mobileread.mobi/forums/fo...play.php?f=150
That is, replace *.com with *.mobi
See what the GFW makes of that.
(It should look very similar to "text only" html.)
Cool!
In fact, I tried .mobi when writing previous replay, the log in page had an error.
Now it works.
Old 05-04-2015, 09:01 AM   #26
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by geansea View Post
Cool!
In fact, I tried .mobi when writing previous replay, the log in page had an error.
Now it works.
That is good.

You might even be able to see any attached pictures.
If the GFW thinks it is a book, it may not strip the pictures.

The first post of this thread has both an in-line and an attached picture.
See if the GFW leaves them alone.
Old 05-04-2015, 09:31 AM   #27
geansea

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
That is good.
You might even be able to see any attached pictures.
If the GFW thinks it is a book, it may not strip the pictures.
The first post of this thread has both an in-line and an attached picture.
See if the GFW leaves them alone.
Attached pictures can be seen in both *.com and *.mobi
Old 05-14-2015, 03:20 AM   #28
betalin
betalin began at the beginning.

Device: PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by zfu View Post
I jailbreaked my kindle 7 ($99)
have you install kpvbooklet?
i'v tried to install but have no lock.
betalin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 09:26 AM   #29
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by betalin View Post
have you install kpvbooklet?
i'v tried to install but have no lock.
You must use the new MR package installer on devices running 5.5.x or 5.6.x firmware.
The old home -> menu -> settings -> menu -> update kindle
does not work on those versions of the firmware.
(And of course, the device has to be jail broken.)
Old 05-14-2015, 11:55 AM   #30
zfu

Yes, I unpack the KPVbooklet update binary and manually exec the install.ffs file of KPVBooklet, it is working well.
And now my kindle force update to 5.6.2.1, it is not working again..
I clone the source code and add one dependency jar.
You can try this one, it is working well on 5.6.2.1 of my KT2.
sh uninstall.ffs
sh install.ffs
reboot the device..
Attached Files
File Type: zip kpvbooklet_package.zip (31.2 KB, 175 views)

Last edited by zfu; 05-14-2015 at 11:59 AM.

Tags
jailbreak, kindle7, koreader