Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 08-31-2014, 09:48 AM   #31
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by crossi View Post
My question is HOW do you get your books from Calibre into your kindle when away from home? Without using Amazon's Cloud? It's frustrating. Even if I have my entire Calibre library with me on a USB stick I can't find any way of getting a book from it into my Kindle away from home. I also have a Fire that I don't use and I can't install Calibre Companion on it it seems. I can't even browse my Calibre library away from home with either my Kindle or the Fire much less load books from it.
Why can't you install Calibre Companion onto your Fire? I have it on mine, installed from the Amazon Appstore.

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 10:25 AM   #32
crossi
Guru
crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by shalym View Post
Why can't you install Calibre Companion onto your Fire? I have it on mine, installed from the Amazon Appstore.

Shari
I had heard it wasn't compatible with the Fire. Is there any special steps you have to go through to install it?
crossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-31-2014, 11:15 AM   #33
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
My question is HOW do you get your books from Calibre into your kindle when away from home? Without using Amazon's Cloud? It's frustrating. Even if I have my entire Calibre library with me on a USB stick I can't find any way of getting a book from it into my Kindle away from home. I also have a Fire that I don't use and I can't install Calibre Companion on it it seems. I can't even browse my Calibre library away from home with either my Kindle or the Fire much less load books from it.
Assuming you have WiFi: the calibre content server. Or dropbox and calibre2opds.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 01:13 PM   #34
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
Quote:
I had heard it wasn't compatible with the Fire. Is there any special steps you have to go through to install it?
I just went to the Amazon store and installed it from there...nothing special at all.

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 08:28 PM   #35
alreds
alreds began at the beginning.

Device: PRS505LC, iPad2, iPhone5, Kindle KB, Kindle PW, Kindle Fire
I guess it's just a matter of preference, but I only use my kindle to read the handful of books that I want at the time, and for which 2GB is way more than enough. Of course that I would take 4GB for the same price though, but for me is not relevant. I have a library of over 5k ebooks which I keep organized with calibre in several computers or hard drives, but i wouldn't overload my kindle with lots and lots of books that I don't plan to read for awhile.
alreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-08-2014, 02:50 AM   #36
injapan
Addict
injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11, Kobo Arua 2 and iPad Air 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
Plus the model sold in Japan has always had 4GB of storage.
is that right?

didn't know that
injapan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 10:40 AM   #37
markom
Banned
markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs t1 kindle dx ipad
Quote:
Kindle DX doesn't even have Wi-Fi but I can still transfer files from any tablet to Kindle DX or any other e-ink over Wi-Fi (not 3G or Bluetooth) without PC/laptop/netbook.

How ?

Using external wi-fi HDD or some 40-50 $ Wi-Fi enclosure.

Just connect your e-ink reader over usb cable to wi-fi enclosure and using tablet's app transfer the files from enclosure or tablet to e-reader.

You can also connect usb memory stick to wi-fi enclosure beforehand and then after transferring the files unplug memory stick and plug in a e-reader to transfer those files to reader (in the case that you cannot connect usb memory stick and tablet directly e.g. non-jailbroken iPad).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBxKe35iTzE

http://www.amazon.com/Macally-Mobile...AE2_B00BMQ3KUI

Last edited by markom; 09-08-2014 at 12:29 PM.
markom is offline   Reply With Quote