Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

View Poll Results: What do you read on your ebook device?
Only Fiction (100% fiction) 14 16.67%
Mainly Fiction (more than 90%) 39 46.43%
Mostly Fiction (more than 70%) 23 27.38%
Mainly Non fiction (Not work related) books (more than 90%) 3 3.57%
Mainly Technical/Professional (work related) books 3 3.57%
Mainly Personal documents (work or non work) 0 0%
Others (please specify) 2 2.38%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-28-2008, 09:46 AM   #16
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor514ce View Post
I cannot believe no one has taken advantage of such an obvious straight line as "Intense spurts lasting 2-3 months". Have I taught you people NOTHING?
my extreme purity of heart forbids me to acknowledge that there might be anything to say about that.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 09:57 AM   #17
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
my extreme purity of heart forbids me to acknowledge that there might be anything to say about that.
No one has ever accused me of anything like extreme purity of heart. But I'm still not going to touch that one.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-28-2008, 09:56 PM   #18
Indigo Ink
The curious one!
Indigo Ink began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3, Nook, Ebookman 901
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor514ce View Post
I cannot believe no one has taken advantage of such an obvious straight line as "Intense spurts lasting 2-3 months". Have I taught you people NOTHING?
I would have but now that you are "asking for it" I won't
Besides since you changed your avatar I shall not
Indigo Ink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 10:09 PM   #19
Indigo Ink
The curious one!

Poll added

Ok so I have added a poll though it covers only part of the questions that I originally asked, I thought I should start with this. Any suggestions on how to improve it are welcome .
Old 04-28-2008, 10:19 PM   #20
Barcey
Wizard
Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O / Aura HD / Glo / iPad3
Well I've been told that the definition of expert is: ex = "has been" and spurt = drip under pressure. I guess once you've completed your 2-3 month internship you'll be a SF exspurt.
Barcey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-28-2008, 10:40 PM   #21
Indigo Ink
The curious one!

Question How do I change the title of this thread to reflect the poll question

Three questions
How do i change the title of this post to that of poll question?

How to I highlight it like other polls are?

Can one have more than one poll on one thread (I wanted to attach one on how many hours does one read on ebook devices per week?)

Last edited by Indigo Ink; 04-29-2008 at 02:22 AM.
Old 04-28-2008, 11:35 PM   #22
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
The value of an expert depends on how far they have to travel -- in your own city the normal reaction is "So what?" however if you travel a thousand or more miles to the client's site you will be respected. Like a college degree. A Harvard degree is common in Boston but respected in LA.

For reading of late on the Reader it is a mix of Voltaire, SciFi, history, Sherlock Holmes, biography, and a collection of Zelda Pinwheel avatars.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 06:17 AM   #23
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
I voted for only fiction.
If the reader was capable of reading non-fiction like future 9.7" eInks will do, I would read non-fiction on it as well.
My point is that I don't read non-fiction on it because of reader's limitations.

(Although I suspect I am going to read IT Book quite soon on the reader, the one I converted from PDf to lrf with cacapee software)
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 06:38 AM   #24
Indigo Ink
The curious one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by astra View Post
I voted for only fiction.
If the reader was capable of reading non-fiction like future 9.7" eInks will do, I would read non-fiction on it as well.
My point is that I don't read non-fiction on it because of reader's limitations.

(Although I suspect I am going to read IT Book quite soon on the reader, the one I converted from PDf to lrf with cacapee software)
Yes that is a valid point. Limitations of hardware makes our choices limited and I agree with you that 9.7 devices would boost techincal book/document reading. Presently the iLiad owner are more likely "suspects" for non fiction/technical reading.
Old 04-29-2008, 03:08 PM   #25
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigo Ink View Post
Three questions
How do i change the title of this post to that of poll question?

How to I highlight it like other polls are?

Can one have more than one poll on one thread (I wanted to attach one on how many hours does one read on ebook devices per week?)
Can you follow this link to edit your poll? If yes, this should at least allow you to change a poll question.

Polls are automatically highlighted in a forum when they become a poll

Unfortunately, you need to start a new thread to start a new poll. It's a good idea though... I will see if adding multiple polls to a single thread is something we could add in the future.

I voted for mainly fiction, mainly because I find the Sony Reader screen too small for reading non-fiction content. This has to do with the fact that most non-fiction content I read is of technical nature.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 04:52 PM   #26
Amalthia
Wizard
Amalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505, PRS-650, PRS-T3, Pocketbook HD2
I selected others because I mostly read Fan Fiction on my device. I do occasionally read fantasy, horror, science fiction, and romance novels though.

However, 95% of the time I read Supernatural fan fiction.
Amalthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 02:07 AM   #27
Indigo Ink
The curious one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Turcic View Post
Can you follow this link to edit your poll? If yes, this should at least allow you to change a poll question.

Polls are automatically highlighted in a forum when they become a poll

Unfortunately, you need to start a new thread to start a new poll. It's a good idea though... I will see if adding multiple polls to a single thread is something we could add in the future.
First of all thanks for answering my questions.

Unfortunately that link did not work. Thankfully I found NatCh online and he was kind enough to help me with it, so now the title is changed.
But just for info this is what I got when I followed that link

Indigo Ink, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

On the second count I asked because somehow in the lounge forum other polls were highlighted and this one was not, but now again that is irrelevant as the graphics for the polls have been changed since then.

On the third point:
Old 04-30-2008, 10:44 AM   #28
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigo Ink View Post
On the second count I asked because somehow in the lounge forum other polls were highlighted and this one was not, but now again that is irrelevant as the graphics for the polls have been changed since then.
Yeah, Alex has been experimenting with the new settings, you may have switched forums while he was between two settings.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 01:22 PM   #29
weatherman
Addict
weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (previous: Kindle 2, Kindle Fire) Kindle 4 WiFi, K3K, KPW
I've only had my PRS-500 for a short time, but so far my reading time has been divided between fiction (mostly SF) and periodicals like the NY Times (via libprs-500). I read the news every day on the way to work, and generally read fiction on the way home and at home.

No spot in the poll for periodicals?
weatherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 08:22 PM   #30
Indigo Ink
The curious one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by weatherman View Post
I've only had my PRS-500 for a short time, but so far my reading time has been divided between fiction (mostly SF) and periodicals like the NY Times (via libprs-500). I read the news every day on the way to work, and generally read fiction on the way home and at home.

No spot in the poll for periodicals?
Yes that's a mistake