Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 08-24-2011, 04:31 PM   #1
Smalis
Smalis began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505
Windows ereader program that imports epubs and has page turn animation?

I love the experience of reading on my Samsung Galaxy Tab with an Android HC program called EBooks, which opens my epubs and has beautiful paqe turn animations (also with nice graphics that make the pages look like paper). So, I have looked and looked for a Windows program with those two functionalities, and I can't believe that one does not exist.

I use Calibre for organizing and maintaining my library, but would like a more elegant reading experience on the PC, without having to first convert books I want to read to another format (such as XPS, with Blio).

I read the "eReader like iBooks for Windows?" thread in this forum, but none of the suggestions there panned out.

I am presently defaulting to Nook and Cool Reader on my PC, but would like a better alternative. Is this really too much to ask?

Thanks for all suggestions.
Smalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 12:40 AM   #2
Spacejock
Hal Spacejock & yWriter
Spacejock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spacejock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spacejock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spacejock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spacejock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spacejock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spacejock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spacejock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spacejock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spacejock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spacejock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Have you tried yBook2? I released the original yBook in 2001 (and it supports epub as well as prc, html, txt and rtf), but version 2 is much more modern. With either version you get animated page turning and you can pick the paper texture.

BTW I scanned the default paper texture using a french textbook from the 1800's.

yBook is not a play on i-anything. My nomenclature came first ...
Spacejock is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-16-2011, 02:54 PM   #3
Smalis
Smalis began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505
I tried it, but it wouldn't load my epubs. I tried a few and kept getting the error shown in the attached file.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Ybook2Error.jpg
Views:	664
Size:	18.3 KB
ID:	76591  
Smalis is offline   Reply With Quote