Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 06-06-2011, 05:10 PM   #16
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova Air, Galaxy Note 10
I'm very proud of myself, I only bought 6 new books with this coupon.

Now I just need a good Kobo code take care of a few stragglers on my list and then I WILL EXERCISE SOME SELF CONTROL. really
apesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 05:11 PM   #17
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBird View Post

So I guess eating is totally out of the picture?!

I think you've invented a new diet. Heehee
I'm pretty restrictive on what I can eat till I get my gallbladder out so all the money I use to spend on soda, sweets and good food I now spend on books.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATDrake View Post
Hey, you saved half the cost of 18 books. That's like 40 bucks towards a shiny new device to read them on if you hide it under the mattress and don't smoke in bed. Another 2 Fictionwise sales and you'll be able to afford 9/10ths of a Kobo or Nook.

I only got that new Effinger book yesterday. I feel so cheap.
I would consider it a savings if I hadn't splurge at Smashwords afterwards.

I gotta have all the old backlist titles that popped up in the last month. Specially the old historical western romances. It's a weakness. Of course I did set a limit nothing over $2.99
I noticed alot of authors starting to ask for $3.99+ on their back titles. Not cool. Specially when I have to edit them myself to get a good formatted copy with working TOC most of the time.

I want a Kobo Touch so I got some time to save up for one before they are available from somewhere other then Borders.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 05:14 PM   #18
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Quote:
Originally Posted by apesmom View Post
I'm very proud of myself, I only bought 6 new books with this coupon.
I only bought 3.

I'm actually rather proud of myself for having such restraint, seeing as how I started out with 15 in my cart and whittled it down to 3.

I'm not listing titles. I have no desire to embarrass myself here. However, they will show up on my Goodreads shelves eventually. I apparently have no issues with embarrassing myself over there.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 05:28 PM   #19
Little_bear
Groupie
Little_bear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little_bear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little_bear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little_bear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little_bear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little_bear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little_bear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little_bear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little_bear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little_bear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little_bear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch (gifted to a friend), Sony PRS-T2, iPad mini
I bought only one book this time . But this was mainly because Fictionwise doesn't have the books I really wanted .
Little_bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 05:37 PM   #20
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_bear View Post
I bought only one book this time . But this was mainly because Fictionwise doesn't have the books I really wanted .
You win!
Old 06-06-2011, 07:11 PM   #21
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_bear View Post
I only bought two myself for the same reason. Now Kobo codes, I can really glut myself on those

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWatkinsNash View Post
I'm not listing titles. I have no desire to embarrass myself here. However, they will show up on my Goodreads shelves eventually. I apparently have no issues with embarrassing myself over there.
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 06:35 PM   #22
NightBird
Wizard
NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, KF, KF HD, iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by chilady1 View Post
Can people PLEASE stop posting these coupons???? I am going broke and I can't resist - LOL!
Yes, I agree. I think these forums should be shut down. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by apesmom View Post
Now I just need a good Kobo code take care of a few stragglers on my list and then I WILL EXERCISE SOME SELF CONTROL. really
Oh, sure! Like we haven't heard THAT before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I'm pretty restrictive on what I can eat till I get my gallbladder out so all the money I use to spend on soda, sweets and good food I now spend on books.
Oh sorry about that, Blossom. I hope you can get that taken care of soon. Since you will have to be on somewhat of a low-fat diet afterwards, you will still have money to spend on books.
NightBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 06:39 PM   #23
NightBird
Wizard
NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I'm not listing titles. I have no desire to embarrass myself here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loosheesh View Post
Aww you guys are no fun! I just like to get other ideas for books I haven't heard about.
Old 06-07-2011, 06:50 PM   #24
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist

Quote:
Oh sorry about that, Blossom. I hope you can get that taken care of soon. Since you will have to be on somewhat of a low-fat diet afterwards, you will still have money to spend on books.
@Blossom: What she said. I know how not-fun the gallbladder thing is. In my case, I was sick for two months and the doctor couldn't find anything wrong with me, right up until the moment I was rushed to the ER for emergency surgery. (If I hadn't eaten pizza that day, it might have taken another two months.)

But there was no low-fat cost savings in my case. I started craving carbs right after. Learn from my mistakes - make sure they give you something to deal with the more unpleasant symptoms you're likely to have following surgery. And I ain't talkin' about pain.

Quote:
Aww you guys are no fun! I just like to get other ideas for books I haven't heard about.
Sorry. I'm trying to keep MR my "smut-free" zone, so you're not getting any titles out of me. If THOSE are the kind of ideas you want, click on the link in my sig. It'll show you what I've read so far this year. There's more than a couple in that category on there.
Old 06-07-2011, 07:00 PM   #25
NightBird
Wizard

Quote:
I'm trying to keep MR my "smut-free" zone, so you're not getting any titles out of me.
Lol. Not my genre, anyway. I just had to tease ya.
Old 06-07-2011, 07:09 PM   #26
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist

Quote:
Lol. Not my genre, anyway. I just had to tease ya.
LOL I do read other stuff too, it's only that Caleb has been teasing me about my smut over there so it's a fresh topic.
Old 06-07-2011, 07:10 PM   #27
NightBird
Wizard

Ahhhh!
Old 06-07-2011, 07:10 PM   #28
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
@Blossom: What she said. I know how not-fun the gallbladder thing is. In my case, I was sick for two months and the doctor couldn't find anything wrong with me, right up until the moment I was rushed to the ER for emergency surgery. (If I hadn't eaten pizza that day, it might have taken another two months.)

But there was no low-fat cost savings in my case. I started craving carbs right after. Learn from my mistakes - make sure they give you something to deal with the more unpleasant symptoms you're likely to have following surgery. And I ain't talkin' about pain.
Thanks. I'm waiting on a endoscopy to see if I have other issues with my upper GI. Meantime it's Prilosec. I've been dealing with this since 99 but they finally found stones and decided it's time to end the pain and suffering. Pizza is something I haven't been able to eat for years.

Quote:
Sorry. I'm trying to keep MR my "smut-free" zone, so you're not getting any titles out of me. If THOSE are the kind of ideas you want, click on the link in my sig. It'll show you what I've read so far this year. There's more than a couple in that category on there.
I took a peek. I didn't see but 1 book I think might qualify as smutty.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 07:18 PM   #29
NightBird
Wizard

Quote:
I've been dealing with this since 99
OMG - you poor thing! I hope you can get it done soon.
Old 06-07-2011, 07:23 PM   #30
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist

Quote:
Thanks. I'm waiting on a endoscopy to see if I have other issues with my upper GI. Meantime it's Prilosec. I've been dealing with this since 99 but they finally found stones and decided it's time to end the pain and suffering. Pizza is something I haven't been able to eat for years.
You poor dear. I went from zero to toxic in just a few months, and that was bad enough. It was quite a conundrum. Gross stuff behind spoiler.

Spoiler:
If I breathed the wrong way, I threw up. If I sneezed, I threw up. I had horribly painful attacks but I didn't know what they were. The doctor thought I was nuts. When I was rushed to the ER, they did an ultrasound. Chock full of stones and infected.

I can't imagine living with some of those symptoms for as long as you have. You will eat pizza again. It took me about 6 months, though part of my reticence was because that was what triggered that last attack, but as long as there isn't too much greasy pepperoni on it I can handle it with no problems. After a couple of years, my liver made up most of what was lost when my gallbladder was taken out. It's an adjustment, but it's definitely an improvement over the pre-removal symptoms.

Quote:
I took a peek. I didn't see but 1 book I think might qualify as smutty.
I knew someone would take the bait. There's a few in there, and there's also a few that were too short to count for the challenge, so I don't have them listed. And there's more in the TBR pile... but there's also lots of other stuff too. From high-brow to low-down, I read it all.