Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-18-2011, 06:02 PM   #76
VirgoGirl
"Why is it doing *that*?"
VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Black Kobo Touch & Glo, responsible for 2 PaperWhites
It is very odd. I've uninstalled the app, thinking it was a glitch in it, but it's still like that after reinstallation. Two updates of the app haven't changed it, it's still the only one that has no "share" FB link.
VirgoGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 07:52 PM   #77
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Optimus One (2.3), Nexus 7 (4.2)
Lolz does work for android.
The Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-18-2011, 08:20 PM   #78
Xennex1170
Addict
Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Terminator View Post
Lolz does work for android.
Got a list of Awards confirmed on Android Kobo Apps?
Xennex1170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 09:12 PM   #79
EricLandes
Connoisseur
EricLandes can illuminate an eclipseEricLandes can illuminate an eclipseEricLandes can illuminate an eclipseEricLandes can illuminate an eclipseEricLandes can illuminate an eclipseEricLandes can illuminate an eclipseEricLandes can illuminate an eclipseEricLandes can illuminate an eclipseEricLandes can illuminate an eclipseEricLandes can illuminate an eclipseEricLandes can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Kindle PW, Kobo Aura HD, Galaxy Note 10.1
Got my Juggernaut last night woohoo!
EricLandes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 10:46 PM   #80
Xennex1170
Addict
Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricLandes View Post
Got my Juggernaut last night woohoo!
Augh! Still working on that.. Got reset to zero each time I did a factory reset. Got it up to 19% at present.
Advert
Old 11-21-2011, 01:15 PM   #81
lessthanyouthink
Connoisseur
lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: iPad / iPhone / Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by VirgoGirl View Post
I got the "Lost in Austen" award on the Ipad, but it's the *one* award I can't share on Facebook. And of course, that's the one I want to share. :s
That's odd… it should be able to be shared (at least it is on my iPad).

This may be a stupid question… but have you actually fully earned the award? I saw earlier that someone mentioned you have to read "Pride & Prejudice" and "Sense and Sensibility" to earn it, but the actual requirement is to finish reading 5 different Jane Austen books. Hope this helps .

– Charles
lessthanyouthink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 02:56 PM   #82
TonyToews
Evangelist
TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox and Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xennex1170 View Post
Augh! Still working on that.. Got reset to zero each time I did a factory reset. Got it up to 19% at present.
Before you do the factory reset do the synch from within the Kobo desktop app. That should save your settings on the Kobo servers so you can start from where you left off after the reset.
TonyToews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 05:51 PM   #83
Xennex1170
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyToews View Post
Before you do the factory reset do the synch from within the Kobo desktop app. That should save your settings on the Kobo servers so you can start from where you left off after the reset.
I do a wireless sync which saves every other award.. The Juggernaut gets reset every time though even if synced.. I think the sync actually only backs up the awards you have completed.. Those that are in the process of being completed all get reset in my experience.
Old 11-21-2011, 08:24 PM   #84
TonyToews
Evangelist
TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox and Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xennex1170 View Post
I do a wireless sync which saves every other award.. The Juggernaut gets reset every time though even if synced.. I think the sync actually only backs up the awards you have completed.. Those that are in the process of being completed all get reset in my experience.
Ah, ok. Sounds like a bug then.

I got the Juggernaut award quite some time ago on my Touch.
TonyToews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 03:06 AM   #85
Xennex1170
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyToews View Post
Ah, ok. Sounds like a bug then.

I got the Juggernaut award quite some time ago on my Touch.
That's ok.. I'll get it eventually at the rate I'm reading..
Old 11-22-2011, 08:39 PM   #86
Xennex1170
Addict

Ah, 36% on Juggernaut since it got reset to zero on my last factory reset 15 days ago.. I'm at a slower pace than I thought.. :P
Old 11-23-2011, 08:19 AM   #87
ltr
Addict
ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.

Device: Kindle PW-2
I don't understand - who is Michael?

I got this award and am a bit puzzled.

ltr
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	award.JPG
Views:	442
Size:	23.2 KB
ID:	79286  
ltr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 08:47 AM   #88
dmacmart
Fanatic
dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Glo, Arc, H2O, iPhone, iPad 2, (husband)Touch
Knight Rider, an early-80's TV show, starred David Hasselhoff as Michael Knight - though of course KITT the car was the REAL star.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0083437/
dmacmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 06:12 PM   #89
verano
verano began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch, iPad
Has anyone earned the "Game's Afoot" award? The icon is of a fingerprint.

Just curious what the criteria is... my guess is something to do with crime/mystery novels, but I've read 20 plus of those, so now I'm curious how to get it!
verano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 07:38 PM   #90
auriel
Enthusiast
auriel began at the beginning.

Device: Black Original Kobo; iPad 2; Black Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by verano View Post
Has anyone earned the "Game's Afoot" award? The icon is of a fingerprint.

Just curious what the criteria is... my guess is something to do with crime/mystery novels, but I've read 20 plus of those, so now I'm curious how to get it!
It might have to do with Sherlock Holmes. I think "The game's afoot," is a quote from one of the novels.

I could be wrong, but that's my guess.
auriel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
awards, reading life, touch