Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-03-2007, 12:11 PM   #1
Chai_kovsky
Chai_kovsky began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
Memory Card issues

So following some advice from another post, I downloaded most of the books I'd had before in .rtf format into .lrf on my memory card (I'm a Mac user; I can't use the Connect software so I'm doing everything via SD/USB/Reader connections). I deleted the .rtf books from my memory card.

So of course, despite deleting them, these books show up as having one page on my list of books when I plug my card into the reader, plus some other bugs. The complete works of Shakespeare has more than one page, doesn't it?

I've cleared everything off the card and everything I've ever put on there still shows up, to my great annoyance, but each with only the first page. How do I get this stuff that I've ostensibly deleted from my memory card to get off of my Reader? They don't show up unless my card is plugged into the reader. What the @#$% is going on?!

Specs: 256 mg SansDisk SD card with a MobileMate SD+ Card Reader/Writer
Chai_kovsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 01:28 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Delete the file /Sony Reader/database/cache.xml on the card. Be aware that doing this will cause you to lose any stored bookmarks and history. For the future, you can use libprs500 to transfer books to the reader in OSX.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-04-2007, 10:05 PM   #3
Chai_kovsky

I've deleted everything on the card, but it still shows up whenever I plug it into the ebook! Everything on there is gone--everything!

*tears out hair*
Old 02-05-2007, 12:49 AM   #4
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Have you tried re-formatting the card? You know, just to be sure.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 09:09 PM   #5
Chai_kovsky

Reformatting? Humor me, I am n00b.
Advert
Old 02-06-2007, 11:37 PM   #6
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
SD cards, like hard disks, can be formatted to remove all prior information on them. Check the manufacturer's site as the format of the SD card is not coming up on my computer (WinXP) as a known format although it can read it.

Maybe someone knows of a program to format SD cards.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 09:39 AM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chai_kovsky
The complete works of Shakespeare has more than one page, doesn't it?
Not if you download it from "Manybooks", it doesn't . Their Sony converter seems to be a little buggy. All you see in that book - at least the last time I downloaded it - is the page showing the book cover picture.

I reported it as a bug to them months ago. Pity they haven't fixed it.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 09:41 AM   #8
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood
SD cards, like hard disks, can be formatted to remove all prior information on them. Check the manufacturer's site as the format of the SD card is not coming up on my computer (WinXP) as a known format although it can read it.

Maybe someone knows of a program to format SD cards.
You should be able to reformat it using any PC USB card reader. Just put the card into the card reader, right click on the appropriate drive letter in Windows Explorer, and select "Format".
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote