Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > EPUBReader

Notices

Old 12-06-2009, 12:02 AM   #1
cklammer
Zealot
cklammer has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.cklammer has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.cklammer has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.cklammer has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.cklammer has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Palm Centro, Acer Aspire One
Accessing/ re-saving downloaded epub file from within epubreader

Dear mikelv,

First of all let me express my heartfelt thanks for the effort (and doubtless trouble) you have taken to provide and develop epubreader. Thank you very much for everything!

Warning: long post (more than 160 characters) ahead!

I have two feature requests concerning ccessing respectively re-saving downloaded files. When I download an epub ebook I usually archive it (in my ebook file structure) first and then read it. But sometimes I simply forget to do that and then I am too lazy to re-download/ search the mobileread.com/ feedbooks/ manybooks/ gutenberg etc. post to save the re-downloaded file in the proper location. And why should I? I already have the download file in epubreader. So I go to the epubreader directory structure inside my firefox profile and what do I find: a list of directories with filenames from "1" to "9", "10" to "99", "100" to "999" and (presumably) so on. Of course, finding files in such a directory structure is easy if one uses the windows explorer search (if it is disabled at work ) function but still ... here is what I propose:

* Enhance the directory and epub file naming structure to something like a five or six digit left zero padded number followed by a dash followed by Author (last name, first name) followed by the title

and /or

* Have a "save as" button in epubreader itself in order to be able to resave the file from within epubreader.

Best Regards,
cklammer
cklammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 04:23 AM   #2
readx
Connoisseur
readx 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.readx 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.readx 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.readx 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.readx 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.readx 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.readx 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.readx 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.readx 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.readx 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.readx 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by cklammer View Post
* Have a "save as" button in epubreader itself in order to be able to resave the file from within epubreader.
"Save ePub to" is already implemented.
See here.
readx is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-06-2009, 04:30 AM   #3
mikelv
Developer of EPUBReader
mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by cklammer View Post
Hi cklammer, thanks for your feedback!

Like readx wrote, there is already a new version available which implements "save". In the moment this is version is only available at the location mentioned by readx. I uploaded it already to the Mozilla website, but it's still waiting for review which can take 2 weeks or longer.
mikelv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 04:59 AM   #4
cklammer
Zealot
cklammer has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.cklammer has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.cklammer has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.cklammer has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.cklammer has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Palm Centro, Acer Aspire One
Fastest feature implementation ever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelv View Post
Hi cklammer, thanks for your feedback!

Like readx wrote, there is already a new version available which implements "save". In the moment this is version is only available at the location mentioned by readx. I uploaded it already to the Mozilla website, but it's still waiting for review which can take 2 weeks or longer.
That has to have be the fastest completed feature implementation request ever!

Thank you,
cklammer
cklammer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
directory_file_names, epubreader, feature_request, save_as_button