Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-31-2009, 07:56 AM   #1
Satans Puppet
Enthusiast
Satans Puppet doesn't litterSatans Puppet doesn't litter

Device: Sony Reader PR(whusit)505
Question UK 505 and US Downloads?

Basically I want Amber Bensons "Deaths Daughter" but it's only availible in the US, if I were to download it from ereader.com or another US site would it work on my UK PRS505?

It arrives tomorrow... must be prepared!!!
Satans Puppet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 09:50 AM   #2
Satans Puppet
Enthusiast

Anyone? I really want this book

Might just risk it... not sure how DRM affects other regions, so to speak
Advert
Old 03-31-2009, 09:53 AM   #3
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
you should be able to read any ebook (regardless of where you buy it) on your 505, provided it's in the correct format. for the 505, you can get epub or lrf to read directly. you can also get different formats if one of those is not available, but then you must convert the format yourself (it's very easy to do using calibre for example). note that this will involve removing the drm, which may be illegal in your country. but if you are only doing it for your personal use on a book you have purchased most people agree that there is no harm.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 09:57 AM   #4
Satans Puppet
Enthusiast

Thanking you muchly.

I shall start shopping around to save a few pennies here n there.

Very informative, gold star for you
Old 03-31-2009, 09:59 AM   #5
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

glad to help.

don't hesitate to come back and look around for help with calibre or anything else. happy reading !
Advert
Old 03-31-2009, 10:00 AM   #6
zelda_pinwheel

by the way, i recommend you get epub format whenever possible. it's the new industry standard and the best choice for future interoperability as well as archivage, and it's a great reading format as well. it's all i use now (i have a 700).
Old 04-01-2009, 03:28 AM   #7
Satans Puppet
Enthusiast

Ahh seen a lot of ePUBs around on the UK sites now WHsmiths seems to be cheaper than everywhere else on ebooks at the moment by £1 per titleish sooo they'll probably be my main etailer for books depending on what the Sony Library has to offer :P

Thanks again
Old 04-01-2009, 01:56 PM   #8
justlizz
Connoisseur
justlizz began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs 505
WH smith is good BUT they add vat on the end so check prices
lizz
justlizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 03:40 AM   #9
Satans Puppet
Enthusiast

Ahhh the cheeky beggers... it seems to be cheaper to download US versions
Old 04-02-2009, 03:45 AM   #10
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satans Puppet View Post
Basically I want Amber Bensons "Deaths Daughter" but it's only availible in the US, if I were to download it from ereader.com or another US site would it work on my UK PRS505?
No. The Sony does not support eReader format.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 03:59 AM   #11
Satans Puppet
Enthusiast

Thanks Harry, there have been a couple where I've nearly gone for that option.