Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-16-2012, 05:41 AM   #1
Corpsegoddess
Groupie
Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Multiple Shelf Whackiness

Hey alll...

Posting to see if anybody's encountering this problem, or knows what to do about it. I noticed yesterday that I suddenly had multiple copies of certain created shelves, all with books inside each; however, not every shelf made multiple copies of itself. Not sure why or how it happened, so I deleted the offending shelves and their copies, and started to create new ones. It seemed okay, but then I turned my Kobo Touch back on today and boom--same thing.

Multiple copies of shelves.

Any ideas?
Corpsegoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 11:06 PM   #2
Corpsegoddess
Groupie
Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Nobody? Guess I'll try and figure it out on my own, then. I was wondering why all my space had suddenly gotten eaten up--this explains it.
Advert
Old 12-18-2012, 11:40 PM   #3
Uschiekid
Tenrec
Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corpsegoddess View Post
Nobody? Guess I'll try and figure it out on my own, then. I was wondering why all my space had suddenly gotten eaten up--this explains it.

i've read of this problem on a few threads...surprised no one answered you....i think one of the threads mighta been the one titled something like "update 2.3.1"

apparently has to do with the servers. and kobo is trying to fix this now. if i've not misread anything
Uschiekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 11:43 PM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
I must have missed seeing this before.

Kobo have a problem on their server. This is creating extra shelves. Some are duplicates of existing shelves. Others are old deleted shelves that have been brought back to life.

As to the space, these shouldn't take much space on the disk. The shelves are just entries in the database on the device. There would have to be millions of shelves for the database to to be big enough to be noticeable.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 11:53 PM   #5
Corpsegoddess
Groupie

Hmm. Well, at least it's not just me--and nothing I have to figure out!

As for the space issue--I didn't think I was that close to being at my max, and suddenly I was. So that I guess I will have to investigate.

Thanks for the responses!
Advert