Notices

Old 10-07-2011, 09:48 AM   #1
Paxman53
Connoisseur
Paxman53 began at the beginning.

Device: 7" Tablet - Aldiko Reader Premium
Red face Calibre: Chapter Headings

Hi,

I'm new to posting on this forum and I was wondering if anyone can help me.

I use calibre to convert various formats to E-Pub and use Structure Detection to get it to split on Chapters (//*[re:test(., "Chapter", "i")]).

My problem is that if the input doc has a table of contents it also splits these individually as well.

This is OK if there are only a few chapters as I can then use Sigil to re-merge, however some books have upwards of 100 chapters and this gets tedious.

Is there any way to allow Calibre to split on Chapters but leave the TOC intact?
Paxman53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 01:09 PM   #2
ImogenRose
PORTAL
ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, Kindle 3 (3G), iPhone
Hello and welcome to MR!

Imogen
ImogenRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-07-2011, 05:12 PM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
HI Paxman and welcome to MobileRead. If you don't get an answer here soon, try posting your question in our Calibre section.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 11:46 AM   #4
Paxman53
Connoisseur
Paxman53 began at the beginning.

Device: 7" Tablet - Aldiko Reader Premium
Thanks Cassidym have just done that - didn't realize I was in wrong forum
Paxman53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 10:26 PM   #5
beppe
Grand Sorcerer
beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, Ipod4, IPad2
Welcome anyway.
beppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-22-2011, 09:13 AM   #6
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EE, Note 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paxman53 View Post
...I use calibre to convert various formats to E-Pub and use Structure Detection to get it to split on Chapters (//*[re:test(., "Chapter", "i")]). My problem is that if the input doc has a table of contents it also splits these individually as well...Is there any way to allow Calibre to split on Chapters but leave the TOC intact?

Welcome to Mobileread!

calibre creator, Kovid Goyal, is extremely responsive in the calibre forums, as are all the calibre developers! If you haven't already, visiting there would provide some assistance.
Gunnerp245 is offline   Reply With Quote