Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-02-2011, 03:24 AM   #16
chamekke
Groupie
chamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Kindle 3 Wi-Fi
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATDrake View Post
Privately contact the publisher, pointing out that you would very much like to buy the book, but find reading it distracting because of this easily-fixed issue which you think may be putting other potential buyers off?

That way the publisher gets a chance to fix things on their own initiative and a polite reason to do so without being confronted by an Amazon-relayed complaint that might cause them to yank the book from sale in the meantime.
Will do. Thank you very much for the suggestion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATDrake View Post
Or there's always the DIY option of buying and fixing it yourself (often highly frustrating, I can tell you from experience, although you should have a pretty easy search/replace if they've just substituted a gif file throughout for ō).
Hmm, it's a thought. Mind you, we're talking about ū as well as ō (the great tea master Sen no Rikyū gets mentioned a lot), not to mention capital-macron combos in placenames like Ōsaka.

I'll take another boo at the sample and see whether it's doable. Thanks!
chamekke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 09:26 PM   #17
cathie
Connoisseur
cathie doesn't littercathie doesn't littercathie doesn't litter

Device: kindle, Kindle Fire
Sounds silly actually admitting to this but, when I read a book, I also enjoy the 'visual' experience of the words. So typo's and misspellings are very distracting for me.
I have to say that for the most part the e-books that I have bought or downloaded for free have no more errors that 'regular' books. Good to know that Amazon are willing to deal with this issue.
cathie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-04-2011, 03:19 AM   #18
Caleb666
Zealot
Caleb666 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Caleb666 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Caleb666 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Caleb666 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Caleb666 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Caleb666 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Caleb666 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Caleb666 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Caleb666 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Caleb666 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Caleb666 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2 64GB
I'm really disappointed by the fact that equations or various others special characters or symbols are represented by an image. Those images don't scale well and they look ugly and out of place.

If only they had something similar to LaTeX (or MathML) built-in!
Caleb666 is offline   Reply With Quote